magiccrochetfan

Vigne Shawl

I recently completed this pattern in some special yarn and gave it to a special person.  

post-10356-0-66280500-1420142948_thumb.jpg

The aqua yarn is Stonehedge Fiber Mill Shepherd's Wool Fine which i received in the Hometown Swap a couple of years ago From TonyaL.  It is just beautiful and one of the softest yarns I have ever used.  She sent 2 skeins and I think I used all but about 2 yards so it worked out great.  I thought the yarn was so pretty that for a long time i kept it displayed in the open so I could look at it all the time.  I finally stored it away to keep it from getting faded or too dusty.  But shortly after that i saw this pattern and decided to ask my friend if she would wear a shawl, which she said she would.  

The gray yarn is Alpacas d'Auxvasse Alpaca Sock, alpaca and bamboo blend.  it has a quite different texture to the wool and is a bit bigger and it worked very well for the contrasting sections.  So this is a  special yarn as the producer is local to me.  

The pattern is Vigne Shawl from the book It Girl Crochet.  I thoroughly enjoyed making this pattern, love the geometry of it.  

here is my ravelry project page if you want to see the link to the pattern page on rav.  http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Kathy-crochet/shawl-vigne

• Like 4

Very pretty!

Kathy this is beautiful I love the colors together. I am so glad you could use the yarn and that it was so soft. I am always nervous buying yarn for someone else since I know how picky I have become in what I buy for myself.

What a beautiful shawl. I know I'd adore it if it came my way. Nice job Kathy!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Tonya, you shouldn't have worried at all about the yarn, it is scrumptious!

Just lovely and the colors are awesome together. 

Absolutely gorgeous shawl!

I really appreciate all the nice compliments!  I really enjoyed the pattern, would highly recommend the book.  For anyone in the US, you can probably check it out via your local public library :book

What a beautiful shawl!  I checked out all your notes over at Ravelry and added you to my friends list over there, too.  :manyheart

Ooh I love it! I am sure the recipient was very happy with it!