2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used up a ball on my scrap c2c and a skein on a cabled beanie, but then I went to AC Moore today to finish up the last little bit for the stocking swap and the Black Friday deals got me. Bought 2 skeins. 

I won't be around tomorrow to post the scores... DH and I are leaving for a football game at 9 and I won't be back until after dinner. I hate to ask, but can someone cover for me? The last couple times it's worked out that the games have been away so I've been home to do them. 

Mona, I hope that thumb heals quickly! And I'm totally jealous of your craft retreat! 

WTD -1   YTD +48

I have a big ol' goose egg for a score this week...

WTD 0 / YTD +16

I can post scores, we're going to my grandma's in the morning but should be home in the early afternoon (around 1 or 2-ish EST) if that's not too late... :)

:hug

Been busy making baby hats but nothing used up. Had to stop and get 3 skeins from Michaels for a cowl for Xmas for a neighbor. Hoping by next week I will have something positive to report ;)

WTD: -6 YTD: -70 for week of 11/28/15.

Scores for the week ending 11/28/15:

Gold Medal Winner: owlvamp +12

Silver Medal Winner: katyallen8090 +6

Bronze Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +5

Ellie 13 +4

PBLKNP +2

yarnscrapper 0

pineknott 0

crabby rat 0

yarn_monkey -1

Addicted2patterns -6

Shoot the Moon Winner: HollyzHobbyz -12

YTD scores for Novermber 2015:

Gold Medal Winner: katyallen +316

Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +120

Bronze Medal Winner: pineknott +79

HollyzHobbyz +73

yarn_monkey +48

crabby rat +16

yarnscrapper -33

owlvamp -47

PBLKNP -66

Addicted2patterns -70

November Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -95

Scores for the week ending 11/28/15:

Gold Medal Winner: owlvamp +12

Silver Medal Winner: katyallen8090 +6

Bronze Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +5

Ellie 13 +4

PBLKNP +2

yarnscrapper 0

pineknott 0

crabby rat 0

yarn_monkey -1

Addicted2patterns -6

Shoot the Moon Winner: HollyzHobbyz -12

Woo Hoo!  I'm a winner!

hi mona, do we all keep track throghout dec as well, so we all have one more month, right, then do you do a yearly total thing, or what????? This year is moving so quick, i agree, and has given me a good idea of what has come in, and what has gone out, i think in January, i will begin keeping better records on yarn inventory, yarn buyin, and projects completed, and mailed or delivered out, i must buy a nice notebook for that tomorrow!!

so we count still through dec, and then you start over again, right.......I dunno if Ill be in,but I will be watching all that are, lol

hi mona, do we all keep track throghout dec as well, so we all have one more month, right, then do you do a yearly total thing, or what????? This year is moving so quick, i agree, and has given me a good idea of what has come in, and what has gone out, i think in January, i will begin keeping better records on yarn inventory, yarn buyin, and projects completed, and mailed or delivered out, i must buy a nice notebook for that tomorrow!!

so we count still through dec, and then you start over again, right.......I dunno if Ill be in,but I will be watching all that are, lol

Yes we go thru the last full week in Dec--last time to post 2015 scores will be Dec 26. Then the next week we start over again with a score of 0 for the new year--the first time to post for 2016 will be Jan 2.

I have not had much luck recording and keeping up with my inventory. I've tried it written in a notebook and on ravelry. I do ok for a while and then start forgetting to mark off what yarns I used up. I sort of know in a general sense what I have, but if I start digging for a color I often find something I've forgotten I had.

I look at my score of -95 and know that's a lot of yarn coming in because it's definitely being used up, too.

Holy Cow, I got curious while typing this and went thru my calendar counting my positives---+191. So that means -286 to end of with -95 now. That's 143 skeins in this year and 95 out.

wow moving took a lot out of me!! i know this wont be in the scores for this week but for the week of 11/21/15- 11/28/15

WTD +6 YTD +10

^^^^^^^^^^^ Was Last Week

I went crazy at Joann's and bought 15 skeins, so -30

AND then went to Walmart and bought another four skeins so -38

buuuut I crocheted five more one skein cowls up so I'm only at -28 for the week so far!!

So far i am in the negative. I have received two separate packages of yarn. 10 skeins in all. Did manage to roll a partial skein into a ball. Hoping to get out of the whole before posting my final scores.

-19 so far.

-2 bought a skein of scrubby today for my aunt--only one color in stock.

I'm going to knitting retreat this weekend and they are collecting yarn to go to Haiti. So I dug through and bagged up 40 skeins...+80.

I'm posting early since tomorrow will be busy and I may not have a chance to get on line this weekend.

WTD +79

Great evening at the retreat. Made two hats and used up a ball...+1

wel,finished up a scarf and hat set for charity, so that brings me to a 4- then rolled two partials into balls, so _-2 for the week....

give me another day or two, ill have that in the postives, i hope, lol  oh i forogt im at 0 now, that scarf was double stranded, so that takes me into o even steven, zip zero zilch for the week,

and the

YTD  still at +310 I guess.

think that's rigt, two more weeks for  this year, wow, can't believe it can you all

i dunno, time flies.

Archived