2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My co-worker brought me a bag of :yarn Mon. and said she would bring more on Tue. After I counted it all, the bad news was, 1st bag had 43 balls, the 2nd bag had 10 balls and 7 skeins. A grand total of - 67 :eek  my worst score ever! The good news is, I donated 47 balls and 5 skeins to the senior center for the knitting group (+ 57) :yay . I only kept 6 balls and 2 skeins, so I :crocheting every spare moment. Some of the :yarn I kept was 2 balls of a multi red/white/green and a skein of white. I made 2 Christmas stockings. I used the 2 multi colors, a ball of green, a ball of red and rolled the white down  :cheer  (+ 5). I finished 3 turkeys and used the skein of 2 tone tan (+ 2) :clap .

So, my score is - 67 + 57 + 5 + 2 = - 3

WTD: - 3  YTD: + 113

Ellie 13

uh, lol i will list here the figures, and if soemone would do the math, i would be tickled, lol  you know me with minus numbers..

First of all, recd 10 balls, and 1 full skein, for a -12 , I used up 5 of those balls, (-7)now?  and finished two double stranded scarves for my charity drop off today, (-3 now?     and rolled two scraggly partials into balls, _1 now i think.....MOna, check that out for me, did i do it right, lol so anyway, worked off im gonna say, another couple balls this aft, for squares for my square friends, so my total then me thinks, is a -1 for the week if i did it right, if not, it's what Mona says when she checks it, thanks mona!! 

so wtd -1

ytd     +296     

uh, lol i will list here the figures, and if soemone would do the math, i would be tickled, lol  you know me with minus numbers..

First of all, recd 10 balls, and 1 full skein, for a -12 , I used up 5 of those balls, (-7)now?  and finished two double stranded scarves for my charity drop off today, (-3 now?     and rolled two scraggly partials into balls, _1 now i think.....MOna, check that out for me, did i do it right, lol Right to this point..-1 so anyway, worked off im gonna say, another couple balls this aft, for squares for my square friends, so my total then me thinks, is a -1 for the week if i did it right, if not, it's what Mona says when she checks it, thanks mona!! Then when you used up a couple of balls that's -1, to 0 and then to +1.

so wtd -1

ytd     +296     

Well I was hoping to make more progress this week than I did... oh well, I'm thinking happy thoughts for next week! I'm on my tablet so I can't change colors and whatnot. I hope this still is visible!

WTD -2 YTD +92

I got rid of some yarn this week!  Not by hooking it, unfortunately... but I did use up a tiny partial skein and a tiny ball by making a pinata for my son's birthday party and then hanging it up.  I *almost* feel guilty counting the full 3 points since the amounts were so tiny... almost!  :rofl

WTD +3

Well, the good news is that I found the PERFECT yarn at the New England Wool & Fiber Festival at the Big E yesterday for the sweater I want to make for a Christmas present.  The BAD news is that my negatives are through the roof!  

Stashbuster Total: WTD -16  YTD -68

:eek   :devil

I went to Michael's yesterday to look for more multi tan :yarn but couldn't find any (discontinued maybe :(). So I only bought pin backs, :yes  I was good, no :yarn. Last night I worked on another  :ttalk  with a plain light brown, not the same, but it works. I have to finish 2 :ttalk this week and make as many pins as possible before Thanks Giving. I better get :crocheting so I'll get a + score by Sat.

Ellie 13

I'm not often reduced to mumbling to myself and yelling at my computer, but that's been my last several hours while trying to create a photo book on shutterfly to use the joann coupon for a free one. At least next time it will be easier (I hope).

Now eating chocolate and working on the scores.....

Scores for the week ending 11/7/15:

Gold Medal Winner: lhasaapsolady +10

Silver Medal Winner: Shannart +6

Three way tie from Bronze at +3: Addicted2patterns, crabby rat, & greyhoundgrandma

HollyzHobbyz +2

owlvamp +2

katyallen8090 +1

Rosies4 0

yarn_monkey -2

Ellie 13 -3

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -16

Oh, my goodness!  I had a feeling I might shoot the moon this time!  That's okay...it was all worth it to find the ideal sweater yarn and pattern.  I will make a note to do the scores next week! 

:manyheart

when is the new one started? Jan 1st? I'd love to join but its so close to the end of the year I should just wait til next year right?

The new one starts Jan 1st, but there's no need to wait. You're welcome to jump in anytime. You just start with 0 with whatever stash you have and start counting what goes in and out.

Archived