2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I got some decent hooking time in this week while out of town. I finished up one skein of Paton's Grace on a zipper pouch to keep all those small things from rattling around my purse (+2) and used up another skein of Red Heart Unforgettable on a ripple infinity scarf (+2) so... 

WTD +4  YTD +105 

Gold Medal Winner: yarn_monkey +4

Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +3

Bronze Medal Winner: Addicted2patterns +2

pineknott +1

Rosies4 +1

greyhoundgrandma +1

Holding steady:

yarnscrapper

owlvamp

PBLKNP

A week with no Shoot the Moon Winner!!

So sorry I didn't post before scores went up...I had a busy morning. However, I got in NO yarnplay at all last week, so I just have a big 0!

Happy Stashbusting!

I forgot too!  But I didn't have accomplish anything this week either.  :no

Wow! I didn't see that one coming!  :lol

I blew it today and went to Joann's. They had Paton's Glam Stripes in a clearance bin outside and it said $1.97. It was a beautiful pink, so I snatched up the 2 skeins they had and they rang up at $.97! Plus I had a coupon for 30% off my purchase and I got 2 skeins of RH Team Spirit too. So I'm starting off the week with a big fat -8, but I'm hoping to knock some of that out pretty quickly with a Team Spirit scarf. Fingers crossed!

wow everyone is doing very good, i had a score for this past week, but forgot to post it in time, so do I add that to my score for the end of this week mona??   thanks.

Yes, you can.

This evidently is my day for messed up orders. I ended up with 3 skeins when MM messed up my order. Then WM sent the wrong thing. It was an online order picked up at the store, so I returned the 3 skeins--$5.48 was a great price for a cotton cone, but not for the little skeins I received....so that's -6.....and -5 for the week.

I totally forgot about posting anything last week ~ although it wouldn't have mattered, since I haven't been feeling well and haven't done too much of anything since last Friday... LOL  Last weekend we visited with my Dad and (step) Mom and had a memorial service for my grandma (my step-mom's mom ~ but we've called her grandma forever, so...) who died in August and with all that activity I just forgot...

I haven't hooked anything this week, either.  But the day is young, so I think I'll go see what I might be able to get accomplished just for giggles.

I'm posting a big

but I may update if I make any progress today.  LOL

:hug

I actually accomplished something this week!  :yes   I've been working on a baby blanket for a co-worker.  It's multiple colors, and I finally hit a point where I was actually finishing skeins of yarn!

WTD:  +5  YTD:  +81

I got to Crochetville this week and checked out some other threads, but when I tried the crochet-along-stash busting, it said page could not be displayed. I tried to go to other threads, no luck. I did some   :crocheting this week. I got 2 ghosts out of the small skein of white with about 10 inches to spare :whew  (+2). I found the right shade of purple for a hat, a 3 oz. skein called Ever Soft for $1.99  (- 2). The hat took 2 oz. so I rolled it down (+ 1). If I get another skein I can make 2 more hats (or 1 adult size). I detangled, rewound and sorted by color a box of balls. I'm going to make more stuffed spiders with all the black balls I found (nearly a skeins worth). Cold and flu season is starting and I'm feeling a little :sick , so I'm staying in and :crocheting tomorrow.

WTD:  + 1  YTD:  + 112

Ellie 13

Unfortunately I bought more than I used... Womp womp. Got a scarf and a half finished so I used up 2 skeins (+4) and I bought 4 skeins at the beginning of the week (-8) So I wound up at 

WTD -4      YTD +101

Archived