2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW!!!

What an amazing week of busting stash!  Well, at least not building stash...

Here are how the scores stacked up this week:

GOLD MEDAL  goes to yarn_monkey with an i mpressive score of +40

SILVER MEDAL  goes to SamT87 with a very  nice-looking score of +14

BRONZE MEDALS   go to  Ellie 13  and Shannart   ~~ each with a score of +3

EVERYONE ELSE is holding steady this week with nothing added or used up!  This extensive list includes:

yarnscrapper

greyhoundgrandma

PBLKNP

crabby rat

Addicted2patterns

HollyzHobbyz

pineknott

I have no negative scores this week!!  We ROCKED OUT this week, didn't we??  :dance :2rock

Since I was the last shoot-the-moon "winner" I will post scores again next week, if that works for everyone.

Way to go, everyone!!

YTD scores for September:

Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +110

Silver Medal Winner: yarn_monkey +109

Bronze Medal Winner: SamT87 +98

Shannart +84

pineknott +76

HollyzHobbyz +74

crabby rat +11

yarnscrapper -33

PBLKNP -60

Addicted2patterns -69

September Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -100

Well, I really need to get myself together and get some crocheting done now. I just ordered 25 skeins of Bernat Mega Bulky from Mary Maxim--great price--except for one color it was $2.99 instead of $9.99. Good news is that the cache baskets work up pretty quickly.

Well, I FINALLY had some movement in the stash.  I've been feverishly working on the Plaid Afghan and managed to use up 2 skeins, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +4  YTD -56

:c9  :manyheart

I got quite a bit of hooking done this week - well, for me anyway.  Unfortunately, nothing used enough to count yet.  I probably could roll some skeins into balls, but I prefer to do that when they are VERY floppy, and so far, they aren't quite floppy enough...  We've been re-acquainting ourselves with Agents of Shield over the past week or so, and I've been working on my son's small rainbow ripple.  Hopefully next week I'll be able to post a score other than zero... LOL

WTD 0

Well my score won't reflect it but I worked really hard for my score this week! I used up 3 balls on the scrap c2c and then had to go to Joann's for yarn for my stepmom's co-worker's chemo hats and some pink cotton (4 skeins -8) and then I used up 2 of those skeins on chemo hats and 1 ball on the c2c so I wound up with a big fat goose egg for the week! :D 

WTD 0  YTD +109

Well my score won't reflect it but I worked really hard for my score this week! I used up 3 balls on the scrap c2c and then had to go to Joann's for yarn for my stepmom's co-worker's chemo hats and some pink cotton (4 skeins -8) and then I used up 2 of those skeins on chemo hats and 1 ball on the c2c so I wound up with a big fat goose egg for the week! :D

WTD 0  YTD +109

But it's a much more satisfying big fat goose egg than mine! Mine's a plain old no crocheting, no yarn used....

WTD 0

Welcome to October!  :autumn   It's been quite chilly here for the past few days, so I do believe summer has officially left the area.

Here are the scores for last week:

GOLD MEDAL goes to

PBLKNP with an astronomical score of +4!!!

SILVER MEDAL goes to

HollyzHobbyz with an astonishing score of +2!!!

BRONZE MEDAL goes to

owlvamp with an amazing score of +1!!!

Most of us held steady with nothing to add or subtract from our scores (or there was equal amounts of adding and subtracting...)  Those of us with goose eggs are:

yarnscrapper

crabby rat

yarn_monkey

pineknott

greyhoundgrandma

Addicted2patterns

Shannart

<DRUM ROLL, PLEASE> ... ... ... and, our

SHOOT THE MOON winner this week is

Braxxi, with a score of -34!!! 

I hereby officially hand the honor of score posting over to you for next week...

Let me know if I made any mistakes and I'll get them fixed!!

Have a great week, everyone!!

:hug

Thanks for posting the scores, Melani!

I finally got my crochet hook going this afternoon--first time in about 6-7 weeks! Boy, did it feel good! My yarn from Mary Maxim is due to be delivered on Tuesday, so my hole will be dug a little deeper.

yay congratz to all!!! im back crocheting now, so will post this coming week more regularly, lol took a short sabatical, lol or break, and still fighting these allergies,!! yuk, come on winter!!!!!!

I've been wondering about you - glad you're back!!  :wink

Wow, a Gold MEDAL!!! Thanks so much! I hope to do as well this week, too!

It's always encouraging, isn't it--incentive to do it again!

yay congratz to all!!! im back crocheting now, so will post this coming week more regularly, lol took a short sabatical, lol or break, and still fighting these allergies,!! yuk, come on winter!!!!!!

Hope your allergies are better, soon. It's definitely pollen time around here. We had a cool, very fall weekend, but it'll be back in the 80's this week.

Archived