2015 Stashbusting CAL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a picture of it.

https://thegreendragonfly.wordpress.com/2013/03/05/nibble-nibble-hop-hop/   He's cute and was easy to make. I did it one afternoon, but I really, really hate putting parts together and doing faces

The "never ending" blanket is finished, so I'm off to other projects and hopefully will make some progress on my numbers. Although I've got 2 cones of cotton ordered, so that's headed in the wrong dir

Posted Images

Finished up a skein on the Moogly CAL and replaced it so I broke even there and then finished off 6 balls on my scrap c2c so I'm feeling pretty good about this week! So is my stash!  :)

WTD +12

I had a requests from 2 co-workers for a baby hats. One's having a girl in Dec. The other wants a hat for a 3 yr. old girl and a hat for a baby boy (she didn't say when she's do). I'm going to use the same pattern with blue, but I can't put flowers on it. What should I put on a boy hat :think ?

I used 2 balls and rolled a skein down (+3).

WTD: + 3  YTD: + 107

Ellie 13

I bought a skein of white this week, as a special treat to myself, as I work a Tides of Change afghan... LOL  Unfortunately, I haven't gotten very far into the pattern (3 rounds, to be exact) so I haven't used any yarn up yet.  I was hoping to at least get the ball of white finished off, but I just haven't sat down with my hook for several days.  So...

WTD -2

There was definitely more stash busted than added this week - by a landslide!  Way to Go!!  :yay  :cheer

The scores line up like this:

>> GOLD MEDAL goes to:  Braxxi with a score of +24!

>> SILVER MEDAL goes to:  yarn_monkey with a score of +12!

>> BRONZE MEDALS go to:    katyallen8090  ,  owlvamp 

AND Shannart {THREE WAY TIE!} with scores of +4 each!

>> Honorable Mentions   go to:   Ellie 13  and  Addicted2patterns  with scores  of +3 and  +2, respectively! 

Three held steady this week:  yarn scrapper, pineknott, AND greyhoundgrandma!

And we only had one negative score this week - ME!  :rofl

crabby rat, with a score of -2, SHOT THE MOON!

Great job, everyone!!  Happy Stashbusting!!

Edited by crabby rat
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting the scores, Melani! Great job, everyone, on using up that stash.

I didn't even get my 0 posted this weekend. Having a two year old and two month old in the house kind of turns your schedule upside down. But we are having a ball!

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the scores, Melani! Great job, everyone, on using up that stash.

I didn't even get my 0 posted this weekend. Having a two year old and two month old in the house kind of turns your schedule upside down. But we are having a ball!

You are so very welcome!  :D  Glad to help (besides, I've forgotten completely before, so I owed you at least one!  LOL)  Sounds like an extremely fun and exhausting time... :hug

Didn't do much   :crocheting this week, but I got rid of some and gained some :yarn. I gave some skeins and balls to the knitters at the senior center (+ 16) :yay . Today, on the way to the farmer's market, my bike had to stop at a yard sale. I got a bag of :yarn for $2. It's hard to find a light peachy color that I can use for dolls, so had to have it. The white and green I can use for Christmas stuff. 6 skeins and 1 large ball in all (- 13). My best score in a long time, ruined by a yard sale. At least I'm still on the plus side :lol .

WTD: + 3  YTD: + 110

Ellie 13

Well, this week was a wash.  I used up a skein, but I bought a skein.  I'm still working on the Plaid Throw, so hopefully I'll use up more skeins next week!

Stashbuster Total: WTD 0  YTD -60

:bang  :shrug  :ohdear

I wound up with good progress this week! Used up 3 balls on the scrap c2c (+3) and a skein on 12" square and the c2c (+2) and then mailed off 17 skeins and a ball to a new home (+35). 

WTD +40   YTD +109

I crocheted this week!!!!

Not enough to count... but at least there was a bit of hooking done!  :rofl

WTD 0 / YTD +11

Edited by crabby rat