2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a requests from 2 co-workers for a baby hats. One's having a girl in Dec. The other wants a hat for a 3 yr. old girl and a hat for a baby boy (she didn't say when she's do). I'm going to use the same pattern with blue, but I can't put flowers on it. What should I put on a boy hat :think ?

I used 2 balls and rolled a skein down (+3).

WTD: + 3  YTD: + 107

Ellie 13

I bought a skein of white this week, as a special treat to myself, as I work a Tides of Change afghan... LOL  Unfortunately, I haven't gotten very far into the pattern (3 rounds, to be exact) so I haven't used any yarn up yet.  I was hoping to at least get the ball of white finished off, but I just haven't sat down with my hook for several days.  So...

WTD -2

There was definitely more stash busted than added this week - by a landslide!  Way to Go!!  :yay  :cheer

The scores line up like this:

>> GOLD MEDAL goes to:  Braxxi with a score of +24!

>> SILVER MEDAL goes to:  yarn_monkey with a score of +12!

>> BRONZE MEDALS go to:    katyallen8090  ,  owlvamp 

AND Shannart {THREE WAY TIE!} with scores of +4 each!

>> Honorable Mentions   go to:   Ellie 13  and  Addicted2patterns  with scores  of +3 and  +2, respectively! 

Three held steady this week:  yarn scrapper, pineknott, AND greyhoundgrandma!

And we only had one negative score this week - ME!  :rofl

crabby rat, with a score of -2, SHOT THE MOON!

Great job, everyone!!  Happy Stashbusting!!

Thanks for posting the scores, Melani! Great job, everyone, on using up that stash.

I didn't even get my 0 posted this weekend. Having a two year old and two month old in the house kind of turns your schedule upside down. But we are having a ball!

Thanks for posting the scores, Melani! Great job, everyone, on using up that stash.

I didn't even get my 0 posted this weekend. Having a two year old and two month old in the house kind of turns your schedule upside down. But we are having a ball!

You are so very welcome!  :D  Glad to help (besides, I've forgotten completely before, so I owed you at least one!  LOL)  Sounds like an extremely fun and exhausting time... :hug

Didn't do much   :crocheting this week, but I got rid of some and gained some :yarn. I gave some skeins and balls to the knitters at the senior center (+ 16) :yay . Today, on the way to the farmer's market, my bike had to stop at a yard sale. I got a bag of :yarn for $2. It's hard to find a light peachy color that I can use for dolls, so had to have it. The white and green I can use for Christmas stuff. 6 skeins and 1 large ball in all (- 13). My best score in a long time, ruined by a yard sale. At least I'm still on the plus side :lol .

WTD: + 3  YTD: + 110

Ellie 13

Well, this week was a wash.  I used up a skein, but I bought a skein.  I'm still working on the Plaid Throw, so hopefully I'll use up more skeins next week!

Stashbuster Total: WTD 0  YTD -60

:bang  :shrug  :ohdear

I wound up with good progress this week! Used up 3 balls on the scrap c2c (+3) and a skein on 12" square and the c2c (+2) and then mailed off 17 skeins and a ball to a new home (+35). 

WTD +40   YTD +109

Archived