2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I did some crocheting this week, but not enough to use anything up...

I also brought home the WORST yarn tangle I've ever seen.  My sister in law was making a blanket for her mom, and somehow or another one skein of yarn became on major tangle of yarn.  Actually, it was more like a million tangles... anyway, after several times of working on it (and my husband's help) the tangled mess is now a ball of quite usable yarn.  LOL  I know I spent more time on it than it's worth, but the puzzle is solved.  AND my sister in law said that since I earned it, I could keep it.  :rofl  The good news is I only have to count one point, since it's a ball... :yarn

WTD -1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. I cleaned out some bags this week, plus got a bunch of crocheting done. These numbers include give away, throw away, or used: 12 skeins and 17 balls of yarn gone!

WTD: +41 YTD: +71

I am away from my laptop and on my phone, so I cannot change font. I will do so when I get to a computer.

Gold Medal Winner:Shannart +41

Silver Medal Winners: Braxxi +16

Bronze Medal Winners: SamT87  +10

Making good use with fun:

Ellie13 +4

HollyzHobbyZ +4

PBLKNP +2

Addicted2patterns +1

yarn_monkey +1

keeping it real:

greyhoundgrandma

owlvamp

pineknott

using but not abusing:

crabby rat -1

Shoot the Moon Winner: howieann -16

hope i got everyone. let me know if i did. 

Congrats to all!

aHHH fianlly something to post!! have taken a bit of a sabatical from crochet for a week or two, sometimes, ya need that, lol, but back to work now, with a postivie 12, isince last i posted,   so for this week, i guess keeping track better, is the+12     and +249 ytd    yay maybe i will  break the 250 mark sometime before the end of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+12 wtd  ending Aug 29??  

this is the last full week of Aug, iS  that correct?

+249 ytd  i may be an early poster, but its more to help me keep up, lol

im working on a double str\anded lap ghan at the moment, so balls are flying of the hook yay!! It might be  a double stranded scarf too, depending on if i can't hold off for the whole than working with two strands, hard on the wrists, ooorrr, if i do hold off on it, and my wrists hold out too, maybe it will be a me sized snuggle bag, for my legs, and feet, i sit by the window year round in my craft room, as i appreciate the view, and the light year round, but in winter, i can feel cooler air looking for a place to sneak in, and the only thing that ever gets cold seems to be my feet, and my legs, sooooo, either a lap robe, or maybe a ghan, or a scarf, who knows, lol

Dang it. Ordered yarn from Craftsy and they sent the wrong thing. Contacted their help department and they told me to keep what they sent and they'll send the right thing. So that's super nice but not good for my stashbusting. Back to 0. Then I finished my Pound of Love on the baby afghan, back up to +2, but it ran out with the short side of the border left, so I'm off to Joann's in the morning to buy another one.  :reyes  I'll just relish my +2 for now... 

Dang it. Ordered yarn from Craftsy and they sent the wrong thing. Contacted their help department and they told me to keep what they sent and they'll send the right thing. So that's super nice but not good for my stashbusting. Back to 0. Then I finished my Pound of Love on the baby afghan, back up to +2, but it ran out with the short side of the border left, so I'm off to Joann's in the morning to buy another one.  :reyes  I'll just relish my +2 for now... 

Thanks for a chuckle this morning! At least you're having forward movement to counteract the backwards.

Thanks for a chuckle this morning! At least you're having forward movement to counteract the backwards.

Sometimes you just have to laugh, you know?  :lol

Made my trip to Joann's and bought the yarn I needed so I'm officially back to 0. I'm working on a rug with t-shirt yarn now, so hopefully I'll get back in the positives before Saturday! 

ok worked off enough bals to top off at 15 + for the week, and ytd, then, +264, so that is not a bad deal, considering I really haven't crocheted that much lately, but balls go fast, as do doubl stranding anything, lol.......

so for this week to date, the +15,

which brings my year to date total,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to +264,

wow, never thought when i joined this that it would be that much, lol,    time to lay in another yarn supply me thinks, soon..............

Finished a skein of t-shirt yarn on the rug last night and a skein of blue RHSS on the scrap c2c this evening!  :yay  Back up to +4 and hoping for a little more progress before final check in tomorrow!

This week I used up 4 balls of yarn and turned one skein into a ball. 

WTD:  +5

YTD:   +76

Currently I am working on getting a box of hats, scarves, and gloves done for charity for the upcoming cold.....

d

Well, I managed to stay in the positives this week.  :D   But, that might change this coming week.  One of my co-workers asked me if I'd make a blanket for her new grandchild...still working out the plan.

WTD:  +2  YTD:  +75

Archived