2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't you just hate when that happens!

Oh I was so mad!! I even bought bigger skeins than the pattern called for yardage wise... we see where that got me. So now I have another Caron One Pound that will be months before I use up!

Well, once again, I had to work on multiple projects this week (including a new one I started for charity), so I wasn't able to use up one skein, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0  YTD -40

:no

I made a dishcloth this week!  Unfortunately I'm working from a cone, so even though some hooking occurred, I have nothing to count... well, except a dishcloth.  :rofl

WTD 0

Hi all!

I finished up 10 balls of yarn crocheting a double-stranded winter scarf. 1 strand cream colored yarn and a lot of assorted colors. Also, finished  up a hat I started last week.

WTD +10  YTD +30

I've almost finished another skein making a black wool cap....but neither the skein nor the cap is quite done.

Happy stashbusting

Scores for the week ending 8/15/15:

Gold Medal Winner:Shannart +10

Silver Medal Winners: HollyzHobbyz & Ellie 13  +4

Bronze Medal Winners: yarn_monkey, owlvamp, & SamT87  +3

pineknott +1

PBLKNP 0

yarnscrapper 0

crabby rat 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: Addicted2patterns -7

No!!! Lol

It ought to take more that 7 to get to the moon!

I was a total bum this weekend and didn't crochet at all. I'm down to three weeks before our DIL and two GDs come to visit for two weeks, so I've got a good bit of sorting out and cleaning to do. Our house hasn't been kid-proof for a long time now. But hopefully there'll be some down time to do some crocheting, too.

Used up a ball of pink on my scrap c2c for +1. I might make more progress by Saturday but it's looking doubtful since I'm working on a baby blanket from Pound of Love and Caron Baby... Fingers crossed though!

I did a lot of :crocheting this week. I made a Christmas stocking with green, white and a red-white-green multi colored :yarn. While I was looking for white to go with some red and green balls, I found a bag with 6 small skeins of sport weight (I think :think ). 4 sort of a red/cranberry color and 2 Fisherman (off white,1 slightly used). So I made a stocking and I'm working on a 2nd one. I used 2 balls, got the green down to a small ball and rolled a red skein down :cheer (+ 4). The green left isn't much, but maybe I can make some wreath pins when I finish the stocking. Also, I've got some orange balls, so I'll make some pumpkin pins too.

WTD: + 4 YTD: + 93

Ellie 13

I FINALLY had some movement with the stash.  I used up another skein working on my Stadium Blanket, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2  YTD -38

:cheer  :clap  :manyheart

Archived