2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was one of those weeks where I worked on three projects in rotation, so didn't use up a skein, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0  YTD -40

:bang  :shrug

I love all the colors, Holly!

Thank you Mona! I had "lots" of scrap yarn laying around.  :yes   I used variegated yarns for the circles in the center & solids for the two rounds that formed the squares around them.  I did have to purchase one skein of RHSS in Buff for the outermost rounds (I just didn't have enough!), but that's all I had to buy for this afghan.  I'm going to send it to WUA this week.

Scores for week ending 8/8/15:

Gold Medal Winner: Braxxi +12

Silver Medal Winner: SamT87 +10

Tie for Bronze Medal: owlvamp and yarn_monkey +5

yarnscrapper +4

Ellie 13 +3

HollyzHobbyz +2

greyhoundgrandma +1

Holding steady:

pineknott

PBLKNP

crabby rat

Addicted2patterns

Another week with no Shoot the Moon Winner!

Fantastic job, ladies!!

Great stashbusting everyone.

I have had little time for yarn play this week, and no time to post earlier.  However, I never finished off anything or bought anything, so all I can report is a big zero for this week.  I did make a child's hat, but didn't use up the ball of yarn I had.

see everyone later.

Kathy--tnkycrochetnut--sends a hello to everyone. She has had lots of intravenous antibiotic and hyperbaric treatments this year trying to get her leg wounds to heal and is finally down to weekly wound care center and bi-weekly home health visits.

This hasn't been a crocheting week so far. Got a little done when I took my truck to the dealership Monday. The engine light was on but nothing was wrong so it didn't take them long....besides having a 4-year-old with another customer wanting to help me. I hope to have some weekend time with the hook.

My Beef Master tomato plant has huge tomatoes. I picked 2 yesterday and they weighed nearly a pound each (14.5 and 15 ozs). The rest look even bigger. I also have Cherokee Purple tomato plants, but they're still green. I can't wait to see how they are. Between work and gardening I got some :crocheting done. I made some more scubbies, soap bags and some smiley pins. I used 1 large ball and 3 small balls (+4) :yay . I can't find any full skeins just balls of :yarn in my stash (no $$, no new :yarn  :( ). I'm going to have t make a scrap-ghan or small projects (lots of red and green, is it too early for Christmas stockings?). 

WTD + 4  YTD: + 89

Ellie 13

I'm going to have t make a scrap-ghan or small projects (lots of red and green, is it too early for Christmas stockings?). 

It's never too early to work on Christmas stuff. It gets here before you know it!

Finished up a skein and a ball on my scrap c2c and a skein on my Uncle Sam... Unfortunately that one ended about 130 stitches too soon so I had to go buy another skein.  :irk So instead of +5, I'm at +3 so far... Hoping to make a little more progress before tomorrow but we'll see!

Archived