2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished off the rest of the pounder last night. (+1) :cheer . I got 5 more scrubbies out of it (20 total). I showed some co-workers, they thought they were nice, but nobody wanted one. It's O.K. though, my friend thinks they'll be great for her church fair. One lady said she has a crocheted bag that you put a bar of soap in that she uses. She asked me if I could make her a new one with the ridges (hers is smooth). I'm not sure how to do it, but I'll try.

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 79

Ellie 13

She asked me if I could make her a new one with the ridges (hers is smooth). I'm not sure how to do it, but I'll try.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spiral-scrubbie

I've made this one before. It goes together a little differently, but was real quick.

I finished off the rest of the pounder last night. (+1) :cheer . I got 5 more scrubbies out of it (20 total). I showed some co-workers, they thought they were nice, but nobody wanted one. It's O.K. though, my friend thinks they'll be great for her church fair. One lady said she has a crocheted bag that you put a bar of soap in that she uses. She asked me if I could make her a new one with the ridges (hers is smooth). I'm not sure how to do it, but I'll try.

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 79

Ellie 13

Sometimes you have to try them to really believe how well they work.  Someone sent me one and DH and I fell in love with it and it sent me hunting for a pattern to make a scrubbie.  I have them in holiday and other fun colors now and have sent them off to family members who have watched me clean pots with them surprised to see how well they clean.

Brought a pounder down to a small ball.  I'm starting to get back into the groove with my doll clothes.  +1

Im singing a different tune this week,I donated a big bag of scrap balls,I just didn't want to mess with them.if they were rolled up

there would be about 10 good sized balls,so that's my number this week

wtd + 10 ytd + 72

No change in the numbers this week even though I did some crocheting. I thought I might get a project finished this evening, but after being out in the heat twice today, I'm just too hot and tired to crochet. This will be a reading evening. I don't think I remember when we've been under a heat advisory ALL week and next week doesn't look any better.

WTD 0

Well, I went from the heights of the silver medal to the mediocre.  It was one of those weeks where I did yarn work, but didn't use up any yarn, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -42

:bang

Here are the scores for the week ending 7/18/2015:

Gold Medal: Ihasaapsolady +16

Silver Medal: katyallen8090 +13

Bronze Medal: Pineknott +10

Playing with yarn:  Shannart +7

SamT87  +4

yarnscrapper +3

Bailey4 +1

Ellie13 +1

Holding steady:  Addicted2patterns 0

Braxxi  0

greyhoundgrandma 0

PBLKNP 0

And our shoot the moon winner is... owlvamp -4

Happy hooking to everyone this coming week!!

Vacation was not relaxing lol so I didn't make it on yesterday to report my score... only a +2 though from the scoodie, so I'll just add that to this week and I finished another skein tonight, so +4 so far. I really honestly truly don't plan on buying any more this week, so hopefully I'll stay positive!!  :D

I forgot all about posting.  Completely - not just an "OOPS! It's Sunday already!" moment, but until last night when I went to bed, I didn't even think about it.  :rofl  Yesterday we had my daughter's birthday party, and we usually do that on a Saturday so I think I went through the whole week a day off.  Anyway, I didn't use up any or get any new, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway. 

I did want to check in, though.  Just to say :hi and see how everyone else was doing!

:hug

Archived