greyhoundgrandma

2015 Stashbusting CAL

ok, finally done,with my two smaller projects, a baby afg for a nov. donation, and a scarf for the Open door mission as well, so I used 3 fulls skeins,then several balls of the red white and green varg, and two balls of the white, and one skein each of red, and green....for a grand total of.... +11. if i counted right. lol for this week so far....... give or take a ball, lol

you can see the finsihed items here, and here. thanks.

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

A good start to the week so far...a ball and a partial skein used up...+3.

Another skein rolled into a ball..+1...= +4

Another partial skein finished off...+2  = +6 so far.

:goodorbad The good news is...I used one ball of yarn (+1).  The other good news is...I received yarn in the mail  (-27)

I'm posting my scores early, the next two days will not be hooking time... :ohdear 

WTD = -26 

• Like 1

no yarn used up yet since the +11, lol, been sorting, and organizing though, straightening up a bit in the craft room, and it's looking good!!

I haven't had much :crocheting time this week. Every spare moment I've been making shamrock pins from a big ball of green :yarn . They use so little :yarn , so nothing used up :sigh . I need to find a new apartment soon, so I'm going to start cleaning out. I have lots of crochet magazines I'm willing to sell. I'll make a list and post it soon.

WTD: 0  YTD: +14

Ellie 13

• Like 1

I've got my yarn balls rolled at the beginning of the week but nothing else. Was hoping to have another ball or two used up, but not quite yet....

WTD +4, YTD +11

I rolled a skein into a ball. So here's my final score for the week.

WTD = 0

Another partial skein finished off...+2  = +6 so far.

Used a skein up working on a throw..+2, and finished a cowl and rolled the skein into a ball...+1................

WTD +9

finally have finished up those 2 four ounce skeins

I still had a lot left over when I finished the scarf.and wanted my 4 pts,so I double stranded a bird nest for wildlife response team in Va.Beach

wtd +4 ytd + 13

• Like 1

ok, baby ghan is done, finally, been working on and off all week on it, this one is going to a friend for her grandaughter, will show pics tomorrow, turned out pretty~!! Used four skeins up since the +11, mostly on the ghan, some on squares,so, add a +8 to the +11, and here's the newbie score this week

YTD   +68     WTD +19

Edited by katyallen8090
  • Like 1

I've been working on a scrap afghan this week... :yes  and while looking around for additional colors, I discovered how much yarn I actually have in the house.  :2eek  I could definitely make "another" scrap afghan....or two.  We'll see what happens...

In the meantime, here's my score:

WTD:  +5

• Like 1

I have been making baby clothes this week. Super cute and super fun, but doesn't use much yarn. So....... 

Week ending 3/7/15 WTD -7/YTD -18

I did some math and found out I don't have enough of a particular yarn to finish my son's afghan, so I went to Joanne's to get five skeins, which I found and bought, but when I got home, discovered that the gold in the self-striping yarn is a lot darker than the gold I already have, so I guess I'll just put the new yarn in a shawl for someone.  Also, I went to ACMoore first, thinking I could get the yarn I needed there, but they didn't have it. I bought four skeins of something else for a baby blanket.  I didn't expect to do that, but it was so pretty and happy and sang its siren song and I buckled, just like an undercooked loaf of bread.  Oh yes, I am squishy, hear me splat.

WTD:  -18   /   YTD:  -92

• Like 2

Well, I worked on projects, but didn't use up a skein, so...

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -30

:bang  :bang  :bang

HI everyone....

I am working on a scraps project.  This week I have used from several smaller leftover balls....but haven't finished off a single one.  so i have a 0 for this week, but I imagine I will have finished off several balls by next Saturday.

Thanks all :manyheart

WTD +2

YTD -58

GOLD MEDAL!! ~~ katyallen8090  +19

SILVER MEDAL!! ~~ greyhoundgrandma  +9

BRONZE MEDAL!! ~~ HollyzHobbyz  +5

pineknott  +4

SamT87  +4

VikingRunnerGirl  +4

howieann  +2

Braxxi  +2

Ellie 13  +0

ladychris2010   +0

PBLKNP  +0

Shannart  +0

randib82  -7

owlvamp  -13

BigPinkPolkaDot  -18

SHOOT THE MOON!! ~~ yarnscrapper  -26

Thanks for posting the scores, Braxxi!  Great work everyone!