2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Okay katy that's the way I have been counting so unless some corrects us both I will continue to do it the way I am. When you use up a ball or skein or even give away yarn its a plus to you and if you buy or inherit yarn its a minus. That's how I understand it.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another +2 for the week making me +7 total so far (yes, so far - I still have more project I wanna do!) These scarves turn out so pretty! I love that they use up a whole skein of yarn too! I finished this in 2 hours.

post-46820-0-80898600-1420664001_thumb.jpg

Yesterday I received a gigantic bag from Mary Maxim, containing the Jungle afghan I'm going to crochet for a coworker who's expecting. I have a feeling this is going to send my totals into the stratosphere!!!

oh really owlvamp, I was really confused, I guess I was thinking minus, and then plus for buying more, I really don't get this very well. lol thanks, I will count it as a plus then, if no one corrects me.....lol

It is confusing to start with. Since it's a stashbusting cal the numbers are reversed--you are rewarding yourself for using up your stash. So using up 16 balls is +16.

Do we need to show pictures of our yarn and afghans? I seem to forget.

No pictures are necessary, but we always like to see what others are working on.

Yesterday I received a gigantic bag from Mary Maxim, containing the Jungle afghan I'm going to crochet for a coworker who's expecting. I have a feeling this is going to send my totals into the stratosphere!!!

I'll be right up there with you--I bought two skeins today. I didn't like any of the colors I had for a particular project. I'm supposed to have a box arriving tommorow with 19 skeins and one Friday with 6 more.

Another +2 for the week making me +7 total so far (yes, so far - I still have more project I wanna do!) These scarves turn out so pretty! I love that they use up a whole skein of yarn too! I finished this in 2 hours.

attachicon.gifIMG_0250.JPG

Another pretty one! That is really quick.

I have seen that afghan on Mary Maxim's site & thought about doing it, but kept getting distracted with other projects.  :reyes  So, please share pictures of the finished blanket when you're done! 

Pink scarf is so pretty!! Can't believe how fast you got it done!!

Its Stashbusting because you are busting your stash or using your stash.

So this is how the scoring goes:

+2: use a skein up or give away a skein

+1: use up a ball or give away a ball

-2: buy or in any way recieve a skein

-1: buy or in any way recieve a ball

Pictures are not required. Just thought I'd show my yarn haul. We like to see what people are working on and finishing up. Its not required, so dont feel like you have to post pics.

Hope that helps!!

Think I'm gonna go start on hats for charity. Stay Warm and Happy Crocheting!!

oh my, it does, sorry to be so deft at this,lol     So plus for the yarn you use, minus for the yarn you get, I think I got it, thanks sandra, and mona, this brain just can't equate a negative, with getting yarn, for some reason, lolol, brain block, i guess, lol

ok, so far, then, I am at +16.   wow that was hard to type, lol  gives me every excuse then to go yarn shopping tomorrow, tee hee hee... o i found a big zip lock full of 4 ply RHSS balls too, ummmmm, nice way to use them up would be.......???

Okay so I used a Meijer gift card today that I received back in June for helping my daughter's teacher last year... and bought 3 skeins of yarn.  Then my "adopted" daughter needed yarn, so I gave her 2 skeins.  Yay!  So I'm down by one, but I truly believe I will use more than one by Saturday...

oh my, it does, sorry to be so deft at this,lol     So plus for the yarn you use, minus for the yarn you get, I think I got it, thanks sandra, and mona, this brain just can't equate a negative, with getting yarn, for some reason, lolol, brain block, i guess, lol

ok, so far, then, I am at +16.   wow that was hard to type, lol  gives me every excuse then to go yarn shopping tomorrow, tee hee hee... o i found a big zip lock full of 4 ply RHSS balls too, ummmmm, nice way to use them up would be.......???

Oh, I understand what you mean!  How can "getting" yarn be a "negative" thing, right?  LOL  It took me a while to get the hang of it, too.  I love how your scrap ball blankie came out!  It's so pretty!!  Thanks for sharing!

I'm in for 2015! I need some motivation to use what's in my stash instead of buying more... mainly because I realized I bought 2 gigantic skeins of RHSS in white within weeks of each other because I didn't even bother checking. Sheesh. 

And I went to AC Moore today and bought 14 skeins of yarn today. Ugh. I need to get hooking!!  

I'm near the end of my girlies' blankets, so I should start finishing off yarn quickly. BUT I decided to go ahead and pick up the yarn for the blanket I want to make my mom for her birthday, so this week probably won't be pretty. I want to go ahead and get it while JoAnn still has their 25% off sale.

You could make squares and donate them or put them together for an afghan. Hats, scarfs. depends on how big the balls are and how many you have, how big of a project you can do. Hope this helps. Happy Crocheting!!

I'm in for 2015! I need some motivation to use what's in my stash instead of buying more... mainly because I realized I bought 2 gigantic skeins of RHSS in white within weeks of each other because I didn't even bother checking. Sheesh. 

And I went to AC Moore today and bought 14 skeins of yarn today. Ugh. I need to get hooking!!  

Welcome!! Happy to have you here.

Archived