Encouragement for Getting Gifts Made in 2015

judianne

They turned out real pretty. 

I sent a pair to my SIL last year and added a note that told you what they were.  She said it was a good thing, cause they could not figure them out.  Go figure.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They turned out real pretty. 

Thanks!

I sent a pair to my SIL last year and added a note that told you what they were.  She said it was a good thing, cause they could not figure them out.  Go figure.

Good thing you included the note!I think it's a generation thing. the first pair I made was for a 30-somethiing and she had always wanted a pair!

What a great thread this is.  I have already started in on replenishing my "gifting box" as it was totally empty.  Well, all except for one rather ugly colored brown scarf.  Have no idea what I was thinking when I made it,  but it will definitely be moved to the "pet bag"...LOL.

As of 1/3/15 (gosh, doesn't that look ODD!) since December 1st I have finished

A chenille shawl

A fingerless mitt and cowl set

One cowl by itself

One pair of slippers with insole added

Two hats (a bucket and a ribbed ski)

Have another stole almost finished but this has been ongoing for way too long.  Also started in on crocheting the three scarf set titled Airport Scarves.  

I want to hook a bunch of pretty applique flowers to use on gift wrapping and for embellishments to hats, mitts and slippers.  So, today I will be going through my thread stash looking for bright colors.  Have a mobius cowl on my list of want-to-do's as well as more mitts (everyone seems to love them) and a couple of pair of bed socks.

Barbara 

I started the first of two market bags inteneed as a gift for my sil. I also made two keyboard dusters but they will be offered for sale to raise money for the local DAR scholarship fund. So they do not count as gifts.

Although if they are purchased the purchaser may give them as gifts right?

This is what I have been working on for a couple of days.  Peggy85225 has been making the bunting babies for little ones who have to get chemo.  I told her I would help.  This is her pattern.

Then I got the CD from Annie's Attic with doll patterns in it.  The other babies with the diapers are from here, they are called Baby Kimmie,

I am now working on some birds that you hang up.

post-105-0-89869900-1420402774_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-36560000-1420402791_thumb.jpg

This is them all together.  I am going to try to make some bugs or snakes for the boys.

post-105-0-87493800-1420402806_thumb.jpg

Oh, Mary Jo - those dolls are fantastic! They made me smile, and I know everyone who gets one will be thrilled!

What a great thread this is.  I have already started in on replenishing my "gifting box" as it was totally empty.  Well, all except for one rather ugly colored brown scarf.  Have no idea what I was thinking when I made it,  but it will definitely be moved to the "pet bag"...LOL.

As of 1/3/15 (gosh, doesn't that look ODD!) since December 1st I have finished

A chenille shawl

A fingerless mitt and cowl set

One cowl by itself

One pair of slippers with insole added

Two hats (a bucket and a ribbed ski)

Have another stole almost finished but this has been ongoing for way too long.  Also started in on crocheting the three scarf set titled Airport Scarves.  

I want to hook a bunch of pretty applique flowers to use on gift wrapping and for embellishments to hats, mitts and slippers.  So, today I will be going through my thread stash looking for bright colors.  Have a mobius cowl on my list of want-to-do's as well as more mitts (everyone seems to love them) and a couple of pair of bed socks.

Barbara 

I like your project list - none of which are huge items! I need to take a lesson from that! ;)

I started the first of two market bags inteneed as a gift for my sil. I also made two keyboard dusters but they will be offered for sale to raise money for the local DAR scholarship fund. So they do not count as gifts.

Although if they are purchased the purchaser may give them as gifts right?Absolutely! ;) 

First bag completed. I will try and make the second one next weekend. I am thinking they will be good for trips to the farmers market or the beach.attachicon.gif1420338708059-684647439.jpg

That's so very practical - no corners for beach sand to collect, etc!

Everyone looks like they have great ideas - if anyone needs help with a pattern or isn't sure what they want to make...all our heads together are here to help! :h5  :heart

I can see this thread can be the source of inspiration!

I love the bunting dolls  - I admired the Peggy's and now Mary Jo's are fantastic too! With 5 little girls in family such dolls would be a great - and quick - gift to make.

I like the mittens and the bag too  :clap

I plan to make thread ornaments - I make them every year and I always try to find some new patterns so I don't send or give the same angels, bells or snowflakes... :lol

But to be honest I started this year with gifts for MYSELF.  :D The first one is a quite big cowl and a pair of mittens. I have the cowl almost ready and it's knitted. I got the yarn as Christmas gift and wanted to make something for me.

The second one is crocheted Nativity set. I used to think about making one for a few years. When I got married, my Dad made paper figures for my new Nativity scene - the same as we used to have at home. But imagine my kids and these figures... Their (kids') delicate hands, not playing, not squashing....  :lol  So finally some of the figures were destroyed and this year I decided to TRY (at  least) to crochet my new set.

For now, I have 2 'bodies" that are supposed to become Mary and Joseph soon. So there's a chance I'll have the Holy Family next Christmas ready... I'll post the pic of them. It will be the gift for me - and for my family  :manyheart

So  this month I want to get  2 sock monkeys done, 2 BICO , a Christmas tote, and a cowl done...

I just couldn't be done with Christmas yet.... I thought I would just crochet it out of my system...

Good morning!

I can see this thread can be the source of inspiration!

I love the bunting dolls  - I admired the Peggy's and now Mary Jo's are fantastic too! With 5 little girls in family such dolls would be a great - and quick - gift to make.

I like the mittens and the bag too  :clap

I plan to make thread ornaments - I make them every year and I always try to find some new patterns so I don't send or give the same angels, bells or snowflakes... :lolGood thinking!

But to be honest I started this year with gifts for MYSELF.  :D The first one is a quite big cowl and a pair of mittens. I have the cowl almost ready and it's knitted. I got the yarn as Christmas gift and wanted to make something for me.We so seldom do that. Looking forward to seeing pictures, if you can do that!

The second one is crocheted Nativity set. I used to think about making one for a few years. When I got married, my Dad made paper figures for my new Nativity scene - the same as we used to have at home. But imagine my kids and these figures... Their (kids') delicate hands, not playing, not squashing....  :lol  So finally some of the figures were destroyed and this year I decided to TRY (at  least) to crochet my new set.

For now, I have 2 'bodies" that are supposed to become Mary and Joseph soon. So there's a chance I'll have the Holy Family next Christmas ready... I'll post the pic of them. It will be the gift for me - and for my family  :manyheart

They must be tiny figures. Do you have a pattern for them?

So  this month I want to get  2 sock monkeys done, 2 BICO , a Christmas tote, and a cowl done...The BICO is a great pattern!

I just couldn't be done with Christmas yet.... I thought I would just crochet it out of my system...

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

So  this month I want to get  2 sock monkeys done, 2 BICO , a Christmas tote, and a cowl done...

Ok, I'm sure it will be obvious when you say it, but what is BICO?

Anna, a nativity would be awesome. 

Lea, you are a motivated individual! lol That's a lot! But yes, what's  a BICO?

Here are my 2 first figures. I used cotton yarn. They are about 6 inch high. Of course they need clothes and.. faces, but it's just the first step.

I decided I want them to have black safety eyes. I like how they look and this time I don't want any buttons or beads for eyes. Well, it turned out that the only safety eyes I can find in Polish on-line shops are extremely expensive. I found the shop on Etsy and they ship overseas, so I hope I will be able to order them.

I don't use any pattern. I start with the bottom separate circle.  Then I go "up", crocheting the body and the head. Then I suff and sew the bottom circle. I made the arms separately and sew them on. For now it's just trying and creating. I hope it will be better and better with all the other actors of the scene... 

post-30828-0-36391800-1420575136_thumb.jpg

Here are my 2 first figures. I used cotton yarn. They are about 6 inch high. Of course they need clothes and.. faces, but it's just the first step.

I decided I want them to have black safety eyes. I like how they look and this time I don't want any buttons or beads for eyes. Well, it turned out that the only safety eyes I can find in Polish on-line shops are extremely expensive. I found the shop on Etsy and they ship overseas, so I hope I will be able to order them.

I don't use any pattern. I start with the bottom separate circle.  Then I go "up", crocheting the body and the head. Then I suff and sew the bottom circle. I made the arms separately and sew them on. For now it's just trying and creating. I hope it will be better and better with all the other actors of the scene... 

attachicon.gifMaryja i Józef 1b.jpg

Those are going to be awesome. I am the type of person that likes to follow the pattern. I envy people that can just whip something up with no pattern. 

I like to have a pattern I can follow too - the method of trying, ripping, redoing, creating can be quite frustrating sometimes... But this time I just want to try and I hope it will be ok.

By the way, I can't stop thinking of bunting dolls..... 

I just finished 3 snakes to go with the bunting and other dolls.  Hey boys like snakes, I think? :think

I am also making some small birds that can be ornaments.  I will get pictures when I get one set done.

Archived