Encouragement for Getting Gifts Made in 2015

judianne

BICO= Baby Its Cold Outside

It is a baby sweater pattern

Baby, it's cold outside and I need more than a sweater lol brrrr!

Here are my 2 first figures. I used cotton yarn. They are about 6 inch high. Of course they need clothes and.. faces, but it's just the first step.

I decided I want them to have black safety eyes. I like how they look and this time I don't want any buttons or beads for eyes. Well, it turned out that the only safety eyes I can find in Polish on-line shops are extremely expensive. I found the shop on Etsy and they ship overseas, so I hope I will be able to order them.

I don't use any pattern. I start with the bottom separate circle.  Then I go "up", crocheting the body and the head. Then I suff and sew the bottom circle. I made the arms separately and sew them on. For now it's just trying and creating. I hope it will be better and better with all the other actors of the scene... 

attachicon.gifMaryja i Józef 1b.jpg

These are awesome. I work things like that, just look at something and go with an idea. Then forget to write it down, then can't remember how I did it later. :P  Cannot wait to see what you do with them. I so wish I could get inspired enough to try the thread yarn. I want to but between neuropathy and bad vision, it's so tedious. :/ 

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, peeps!

I finished the second market bag for my sister in law. I have now officially finished my first gift of 2015

Awesome!

I just finished 3 snakes to go with the bunting and other dolls.  Hey boys like snakes, I think? :thinkSnakes, dinosaurs, anything repellent to little girls...loL!

I am also making some small birds that can be ornaments.  I will get pictures when I get one set done.

Sounds intriguing! Colorful?

I just finished 3 snakes to go with the bunting and other dolls.  Hey boys like snakes, I think? :think

They definitely do. My boys had a rather realistic rubber one when they were young that almost got them in trouble with their grandmother who didn't like snakes at all.

Hi, ladies!

How are the projects coming along?

I didn't do as much as I was hoping over the weekend, but will get back into it today.

Hi there  :clap

I finished my cowl.

When I had about a half, I decided it's too wide. So I started to narrow it. Then I finished.

I tried it on and... it didn't lay great. But I thought I could wrap it around my neck twice. Well I COULD if I didn't narrow it!!!!! :rant

So I ripped it until half, added few rows and finished the cowl.  :lol  Now I can wrap it twice but it's not exactly how I planned it. But I like it anyway  ;)

Anna and Mona - it looks like we're into the year of the cowl! Good work, ladies! Being inventive, and in Mona's case, working with bulky yarn are great ideas. All that matters is you're happy with the finished product - and it's FINISHED! :D

Finished up the first baby doll diaper bag although I realized there is a second pattern I have to dig out to add the stuff I put in the last time I made these.  Working on a doll carrier.  Using different yarn this time and I think it might be just a little too short for the 15" doll in which case it should work for the 12" doll.  We'll have to see how it all pans out.

finished the last 2014 Christmas gift. :P I know I know. 

need to do a headband, some texting gloves and get started on the cardigan I want to do as well as squares for the friendshipghan and more preemie hats. 

Recently finished gifts:

Bulky cowl is Christmas present for a friend:           Pink ribbon scarf for a friend's mother--no occasion:

post-43634-0-07533000-1421701804_thumb.jpg                          post-43634-0-06314000-1421701890_thumb.jpg

Matching hats for DIL and GD for Valentine's Day:       First of the cowls for friends for Christmas:

post-43634-0-55958500-1421702010_thumb.jpg                post-43634-0-77726300-1421702100_thumb.jpg

Finally finished 3 of my 4 birds.  I am making several of each for friends.  Here you will see the Cardinal, the BlueBird and the Goldfinch.  I will be making the titmouse when I get my orange felt tomorrow. They are called 4 calling birds in the magazine.

post-105-0-91686600-1421766030_thumb.jpg  Twirling pic.

Archived