Encouragement for Getting Gifts Made in 2015

judianne

Well, it's the eve before New Year's Eve and many of us already have a list of things we want to accomplish during 2015, so we're once again at the starting line.

The word "encouragement" that I used in the topic title this time around seemed just right for our small group. I know that with a bit of the "E" word we can accomplish mighty things!

Ready....Set...Go! :clap  :clap  :clap 

**See our 2014 thread to see what we were up to last year**

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm here again.

(1) I want to make an afghan for my best friend. I have the pattern, but have to decide on yarn color.

(2) RH Infinite Shells Cowl for the "girls" on my Christmas list--14 done.

(3) GD has a new kitchen and I want to make her some food. Done: sandwich, fried egg, bacon, cupcake, donut, waffle, pancake, 3 oreos

(4) GD due in July, so blankets to plan--3 done

(5) Pink ribbon scarf for the mother of a friend

(6) Baskets for DILs and friend--5 finished, gave one to friend for bday

(7) Ordered yarn for a bulky cowl for a friend

(8) Matching hats for DIL & GD for Valentine's Day

I have a couple of things that got put aside last year that I hope to finish, too....a shawl and two toys.

(9) Chubby owl, owl basket and owl purse for GD

(10) 2 sets of matching sweaters for 2 GD-- plus matching hats for one

(11) Stocking for new GD

A few years ago there were a series of monthly crochet a longs. In January I will.... In February I will..... etc.

I am going to use this thread in that way.

so... in January I will complete two market bags for my sister in law.

I have a few things I know I want to do this year.

1) I want to make some foods for the girls as they play house and picnics and stuff. I've found patterns, just need to make it a priority.

2) I need to finish the girls' blankets I started last March.

3) The daughter of 2 very dear friends is getting married in June. I'd like to make her something small.

4) I want to make an afghan for my mom, probably purples and a bit of green.

5) I would like to do something small for Christmas gifts, but I don't even want to think about that yet. :)

With my youngest son getting married in May,  grandbaby 31 due in June, and Grandbaby  #2 due in July... I need to get hookin!

Thanks for the laugh after the double-take----you certainly have lots of crocheting to do without having 31 grandbabies! Congratulations on all three events!

With my youngest son getting married in May,  grandbaby 31 due in June, and Grandbaby  #2 due in July... I need to get hookin!

Uh can you use some help with the 31 grandchildren? :rofl  Thanks for the laugh I sure needed that.

Wow all the boys married soon.  That is great. Glad to see you back.

Good morning peeps!

Welcome to the new and old faces!

Love the lists I've seen, and Ratdog I like your idea of breaking down the goals to monthly chunks. I think I need to try that...as soon as I come out from under the pile of my current WIPS :lol

So, my to do list:

A school themed lapghan for a fundraiser at the end of March (I picked up the yarn yesterday)

At least one more item for an Autism fundraiser in April

...and after this, I'm not sure. There are a couple of things I have in mind, but need the ambition!

Right now I am in the mist of making Bunting babies and another small doll for a Cancer Hospital for kids getting chemo.

I hope to start a set of placemats for my SIL for next Christmas.

I also have to find the yarn color for the next tote and get that started.

A few years ago there were a series of monthly crochet a longs. In January I will.... In February I will..... etc.

I am going to use this thread in that way.

so... in January I will complete two market bags for my sister in law.

I like this idea....

In January I will used up my stash of Cotton yarn and make spa sets and dishcloths.

Right now I am in the mist of making Bunting babies and another small doll for a Cancer Hospital for kids getting chemo.

Ok, Mary Jo, please tell me exactly what a bunting baby is.  Sounds like something we could make for our Crafts Shows!

The pattern was given to me by Peggy85225, it is a pattern she made up.  Here is where you can see the a picture of some made up by Peggy herself.  I am making some for her.  They are so cute and so easy and they only take a couple of hours to make.

Happy January 1st!!

We spent the morning putting away Christmas decorations and decluttering the garage and kitchen area...it feels good!

What great projects, Mary Jo! I have a book of animals to crochet which might be good projects,esp for summer time, and if I don't have places where they can be donated I can save them for someone's next fundraiser.

I like this idea....

In January I will used up my stash of Cotton yarn and make spa sets and dishcloths.

Awesome project!

Once the fingerless mitts are done (working on the second glove now) I'll be starting the graphghan for the school fundraiser. All I need to do is plan where the letters will go on the ghan and I'll be off and running!

Happy hooking everyone!

Mona this is a more involved pattern and I had to do a lot of frogging....the first ones I ever made were super simple!

Can't wait to see the finished pair. the first one is so pretty.

I went to Joann's today and bought yarn for the teenage mutant ninja turtle and the market bags. Used the 15% off coupon and the yarn was already 25% off so I spent $10 and change on yarn for two gifts.

Archived