Help save my sweater!

yarn_monkey

I feel like I need to start off by saying... I am NOT a knitter. I can cast on, I can do some basic stitches, but I really prefer not to. Okay, disclaimer is out of the way.  :)

I bought this sweater at Kohls a week or two ago. I wore it for my family's Christmas dinner on Friday and near the end of the day I noticed a hole forming... It looks like a stitch was dropped and now it's unraveling in this one little spot, but headed all the way down. 

I really love this sweater so I really want to be able to fix it but I have no idea where to start. Can anyone please help me? I don't even know where to start.  :(  It was by no means an expensive sweater, but I really like it and there wasn't another one on the clearance rack and I don't have the receipt at this point. 

This is the hole... the picture loaded sideways but it's up and down running parallel to the side seam .

post-11765-0-80760500-1419820488_thumb.jpg

I took that picture and then thought maybe I should grab a stitchmarker and snag up that little loop I saw at the bottom that may or may not keep it from unraveling further, at least that direction... 

post-11765-0-17432600-1419820497_thumb.jpg

If it makes any difference at all, the sweater did come with a little tiny baggy of threads that I kept. I honestly don't even know what you use those for.  :reyes  Lol

Please help save my sweater! 

You can redo the dropped stitches with a crochet hook http://techknitting.blogspot.com/2012/01/fixing-run-in-garter-or-seed-stitch.html

The ladder is all knit stitches i think but looks lke it may go up into the next section which is purl sts. Once you get it all hooked into place you will need to sew the last loop into place. Maybe that is why they gave you the threads.

Archived