Crochet Present

So Christmas is over and I got a very cool crochet gift.  Peggy85225 sent me a package that was driving me crazy, as when it was moved it mooed.  :think  What the heck could it be.  Now I behaved myself and waited till Christmas to open it.  I got the cutest crocheted cow and when you turn it over it moos.  It is now a resident of Ami Ville.  Every once in a while I hear mooooooooooooo.

Now she sent another package for my birthday, but said I could open when I wanted.  So I did, it had a message on top that said "Exercise is a dirty word. Everytime I hear it I stuff my mouth with chocolate."

Here was a heart shaped box and when I opened that it was filled with little skeins of yarn.  :clap   Along with the yarn were 2 hooks, on with a flower handle and one with the wooden handle I like.

So did anyone else get crochet stuff for Christmas?

post-105-0-72467000-1419630766_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-97618700-1419630804_thumb.jpg

Thats  adorable!  I love the heart box with the yarn in it, nice idea!  I didn't get any crochet items (other than a swap I did on another group) but I did go to Hobby Lobby (first time ever, it just opened today in our area) and got myself a crochet hook and yarn.

What a great gift.    Love the cow (and the fact that it moo's) and now I have to keep the next box of chocolates that I get (after I empty it of course :) ) so I can "borrow" this idea. 

I received a nice big tote bag that is personalized with my initials--AND it had 6 skeins of yarn in it!!  And I didn't have a crochet hook with me!!  Woe was me!!   :( (I usually have hook(s) with me--I had just cleaned out my purse!!  :no 

What a wonderful, thoughtful gift.

My dd made me a hand sewn kitty ami and my hubby got me two books- Mary Jane's Stitching Room and McCall's Treasury of Needlecraft. Both have some great crochet projects in them.

Mooing gift is wonderful and the box of yummy yarns just rocks!!! Lucky you! :manyheart

Well I got some crochet ornaments and pins from my friends  :manyheart  and snowflakes and candle holder from my aunts - when we had our crochet meeting  :D . Then my aunt knitted me a beautiful red mug cozy. My mum bought me 3 skeins of yarn (even though I had to chose it  first - it counts, doesn't it?). And I got books - crochet mystery by Betty Hechtman, "Knit the season" by Kate Jacobs, "20 wishes" by Debbie Macomber and three needlecraft mysteries by Monica Ferris  :clap

I sure did!  My wonderful Florida Fairy Godmother sent me two adorable snowmen towel holders with beautiful towels, a wonderful snowman in a stocking pin, a cute snowman head that lights up, and two beautiful Christmas themed earring sets that she made. I posted a picture of  all of them previously.  I thank you, Mary Jo, for each and every precious thing  :manyheart I love them all.  :hug

Archived