Closed - Lacy Squares Blanket

Hui Lian

Pattern Information

Pattern Description: This is a crochet pattern for a blanket that is made up of squares joined together.

Pattern Style: Written in US terms

Skill Level: Intermediate

Yarn/Material/Tools Required: Sample in pattern (1 m by 1.6 m or 40 in by 64 in) was worked using approximately 2100g of bamboo cotton yarn using 4.5 mm needle or US size 7. You may choose to make a blanket of a different size, joining different numbers of squares together.

Tester Information

Number of Testers Needed: 3

Approximate Time Required to Complete Project: 4 weeks

Deadline: 25 Jan 2015

Tester Experience: Should have experience completing larger projects such as shawls, agfhans etc.

Tester Responsibilities: Testers are expected to complete the project as indicated in the instructions, point out inconsistencies or errors in the written instructions; make suggestions to clarify instructions should the written instructions seem unclear or conflicting; take photos of completed project. Testers may choose to make the project in a yarn of different weight and make a different number of squares. What is important is to complete the project including the border for complete testing of the instructions.

Any Special Software Requirements: PDF reader

Compensation

Testers will be provided with a soft copy of the final pattern file once all amendments are made.

Testers who are keen to test this pattern should send me a personal message with your email address as well as photos or links to completed larger projects.

post-6072-0-60963900-1419218767_thumb.jpg

It is such a pretty pattern. About how much yarn would be used?

Hi there,

For the sample I made, I used about 42 balls of yarn (about 380 yards each). If you are keen to test but don't feel like making such a big blanket, you can choose to make just a square and complete testing the border pattern as well.

I would be willing to test but doubt I could make the deadline.  Would buy the pattern when available.

Hi there,

If you are keen to test but worried about meeting the deadline, how about considering completing a smaller project? I only need the instructions for the square as well as the border to be tested. The actual size of the project does not matter to me.

• 3 weeks later...

If you still need a tester I can do it if its just for a square and the border like you explained above.  Its a very pretty pattern. Would love to help you out.  I have tested for other people. My latest project I just completed was a round jacobs ladder baby blanket. Its in the show and tell section under babies and toddlers.

Archived