Clothes for a "16 stuffed animal

randib82

Question

9 answers to this question

Have you thought about trying to adapt some of the Cabbage Patch clothing to see if you can get it to fit? 

You may want to see if your library has these books to preview 

Crochet for Bears to Wear: More Than 20 Perfect Projects for Your Favorite Teddies and Friends  Amy O'Neill Houck

Knit for Bears to Wear same author.  They may give you some ideas of where to get started.  Most seem to adjust to different sized bears like the Build a Bear line.  Obviously its a snowman, but still may be able to adapt.

Here is the doll clothes search on Ravelry.  It includes crochet and knit.  I put in free only but you can change that if you want.  You'll have to look through as there are Barbie and other sized dolls.  There is also a lot of bear clothes.  You are sure to find something that will work or you can adjust easily.   Good Luck!  :)

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#availability=free&view=captioned_thumbs&craft=crochet|knitting&sort=best&pc=dollclothes

That's why I suggested finding those books.  I believe the Build a Bear model is along the same size as the book bears and they give info on adjusting the patterns.  I haven't tried the crochet one in a while because I've been working mostly on dolls.  Unfortunatly, when you are working on stuff like this you almost always end up adapting to some extent because the fit is different on each one.

Archived