Shawl We Crochet? - CAL

darski

I haven't seen that yarn before. Pretty, but I don't know how many shawls you can make with one skein at just 5.3 oz.

My internet is being wonky this morning so I'm having a problem with everything I look at.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen that yarn before. Pretty, but I don't know how many shawls you can make with one skein at just 5.3 oz.

My internet is being wonky this morning so I'm having a problem with everything I look at.

they have - will have - a whole series of knit and crochet shawls just for this yarn.

I get the LB e-newsletter so I have been following it for a while now.  The Michaels near me didn't have it and and hadn't even heard of it. I hope my Walmart will stock it but not likely :(

Ok shawl makers....I got this book as a birthday gift. All of the shawls are made one side at a time. Does that put a strain on that center seam? Seems like it would. Just wondering.

post-13802-0-68248900-1460517395_thumb.jpeg

Ok shawl makers....I got this book as a birthday gift. All of the shawls are made one side at a time. Does that put a strain on that center seam? Seems like it would. Just wondering.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I often make shrugs and shawls working out from the centre.  I have never had any effect from that.

post-4896-0-29282100-1460519858_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-67964800-1460519856_thumb.jpg

post-4896-0-15945200-1460519853_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-83067800-1460519854_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I almost always make the long shawls one side at a time--especially if they have a pattern that goes only one way, such as a shell pattern.  It doesn't put any strain on the center join, especially if you start your first side with a foundation stitch!  (And, as I just discovered when I couldn't use a foundation stitch, it STILL doesn't strain at the join!)  And it just makes it look more professional!  I love it!

Well put shawl ladies! I will not be afraid to try. Thanks!!

Ps thanks for the pics Darski. Is it a coincidence that they are all blue or blue and white??

well it is just happenstance that I chose those pics but I do tend to blue yarns for shawls.  ... better chance for a man to be able to use them.

• 6 months later...

Is this CAL still going?

not really but  you can keep it going if you want to post.

I have not been able to crochet for a couple of months but I do have 2 shawls on my WIP list and so want to finish them.

Let's keep chatting

Archived