A Cowboy Crochet Hook?

jimbo

Got just one hook up for auction at the moment.  This one's from that famous Texas town, Luckenbach Texas!  Gotcha singing that song, huh.  Lets go to Luckenbach Texas with Waylon, Willie and the boys.....  Love that song and I really enjoyed visiting there.  Of course I had to mosey around the firewood pile and ended up with this likely lookin piece of Live Oak to carry back home and convert to a crochet hook.  Firewood to Hook.  What history this little hook carries.  Heck you can hold it up to your ear and maybe just maybe hear a few strains of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMqKv7BOg_s

Drop on over, sit a spell.....we'll pick up the old geetar and do some pickin and grinnin...or maybe that otta be "hookin" and grinnin?

post-3105-0-59703200-1416268921_thumb.jpg

Yee Haw right back atcha!  And yaw I'm a rustic ending kinda feller.  Do you recognize the crochet art in the background?  No?  Well it's only the afghan that kindly c'villers made for me during the travelling hook event.  A true treasure, even beyond my geetar and cowboy hat (bought in Luckenbach bytheway).

Aw thanks.  Twas fun to make.  I tend to re-live events when making hooks that come from particular areas.  For example, our dear friends were with us on a drive to Lake Tahoe and I found a couple likely looking sticks at a stop we made to look down at the lake (beautiful place it is).  A few weeks later I made hooks for Karol and Paula from those sticks and the I was carried back to that spot overlooking the lake.  Strange, eh?

Archived