Old Fashion Bubble Lights

Tampa Doll

I purchased a bubble light pattern for a friend here, and I thought I would buy one for my self, as I do remember these on our tree.

I made the first on like the pattern in ww yarn.  It was 10 inches tall.  I was not really happy with it, so I made one in thread.  It came out about 3-4 1/2 inches tall.

Here is a picture of the two of them.  I am planning on making a few more in thread.

post-105-0-97244100-1415984151_thumb.jpg This is the one made with WW yarn.

post-105-0-96827500-1415984461_thumb.jpgHere are the two side by side.

Cute- cute- cute! You did a fine job as usual.

I still have some of the bubble lights and when I get very ambitious decorating my tree I use them still. Sure brings back holiday memories.

Thank you all.  I remember watching those lights on the tree.  The one thing I do remember is that they got very hot.

I have seen them in the stores and thought of getting a set for my tree.

ooooooooh mary jo those are so cute. how can we get the pattern? boy I sure remember the bubble lights, they were so cool. wish I could put up a tree, but our kitty loves to nock things over and boy he loves to play with dangles. oh ya , could someone tell me how to change this black letters? thanks nana

Thank you all.  I hope to get a few done to send to my sister.  When I find something from our Childhood, I try to send it to her.

You are right Cathoms, they really did get hot.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived