Does anyone recognize this ripple/chevron stitch?

bbb

Question

Hi,

My great aunt died years ago, but before that, she crocheted an afghan, gave it to a family member (who stretched/tore it up) and then sent it to me to repair :woo

I loved my aunt, so I'm mending it.  What i've figured out so far, lol, yarn type/color, hook size I, how to reproduce her stitch tension, front v.s. reverse, whether she's worked a front or back hook, how she made her joins and have taught myself (thanks to great friends here) both how to put in a row of retaining "stitches" and how to replace a row of stitches in the middle of a piece---so that's something :lol

It's the particular form of ripple/chevron pattern she followed of which I'm unsure (and my aunt's been dead for at least a decade, so her patterns have been lost to time.)  I've ripped stitches out, then stitched them back in.  It appears to be just reg. single crochet (possibly she worked both bars of the loops/chains on one row, then just the back loops on another--since those looks are projected outward.)  My eyes are going blurry reading/testing every similar pattern I can, so I'm begging for help :cheer 

Find below a few pics that might hopefully solve the pattern mystery...

Thanks so much!

b :ducky  :rabbit  :mouse  (if there were also a dog and goose emoticon, I'd be over the moon!)                                                                                           

post-73179-0-20519400-1415325059_thumb.jpg

post-73179-0-08743100-1415325069_thumb.jpg

2 answers to this question

I didn't find it but I did some swatches and the closest I came, is she turned at the end of the row and did each row in the back loops

Archived