A Wobble Afghan CAL

darski

:tup Back to the stripe section! I finished up those last two rows of ocean and finally got to pick up another color. Hooray! Now it will feel like it's flying along again. I hate Sundays though. My best crocheting time is first thing in the morning with a ve-e-e-e-e-ry leisurely big mug of tea. But on Sunday I have to be at work 4 hours earlier than on other days and it really, really cramps my style. Still, I had just enough time to get back into the light green. It shouldn't take much to finish it up. I doubt I can do it the next couple of days when I'm off though. I'm going to have to spend a big chunk of time Tuesday sitting at the car dealership  :thumbdown  for a recall fix and routine maintenance. I expect it to take a long time, and the lapghan is too big now to work on there. I'll get it finished this week though.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished! I think my tension tighted up a little on the last half, the end nearest the camera. It became quite heavy so I working against its weight. I did this with an I hook. If I do it again, I think I'll try a J, at least with the One Pound. I think the I would be fine with the ILTY that's next up on my hit list.

post-39480-0-88293900-1416448483_thumb.jpg

Finished! I think my tension tighted up a little on the last half, the end nearest the camera. It became quite heavy so I working against its weight. I did this with an I hook. If I do it again, I think I'll try a J, at least with the One Pound. I think the I would be fine with the ILTY that's next up on my hit list.

That is so gorgeous.  wonderful colouration. :ghug

Thanks! I'm going back to a ripple for my next lapghan, but I'll probably do more of these as I chug along through the yarn. I'll keep watching the thread to see what other goodies appear!

I plan to do another of these but the problem is that I'm not sure I have enough of any yarn to commit to another one.  I have tons of yarn but it all has to come together - so to speak :rofl

I might try a crazy quilt/scrap ghan effect... :think

I look forward to your next project :hug

I haven't made any more progress on mine---got sidetracked with stuff that needs to be finished for Christmas. I've lost track of time. Is your elevator working yet?

Yes!!!! it was restored yesterday.  :yay :yay :yay   we lose it for 1 day next week but I can live with that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am working on my next one - doing it a dark heather green and white.  Just to get started I grabbed 2 colours that were enough to do the job.  Will try to get pics in.

I am actually further along than the pic shows - just need a couple more rows of green to get it to 48" but I rather like this wheelchair ghamn

the green is quite pretty but doesn't photograph well.

post-4896-0-87348000-1420908935_thumb.jpg

Finished this one.  I got some great yarns yesterday and just have to choose what colours to go with.  I so love this pattern.  It is both quickly made and pretty to look at :wlol

On the last row I worked 5dc with a centre picot in place of the shell.  I like how it finished it off.

post-4896-0-28052000-1421182478_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

for my next one I am going to make it shawl sized and work out from the centre to ea end.  I'm using that lavender blue I just got with some white.

I think the pattern will work well.  I'm starting with ch 69 (60+7+2)

will let you know how it goes :wlol

I just watched the tutorial from the blog and the sample seems like a good size for a scarf. I think I'm going to try that. I love all of the pics in this CAL and I need some scarves to go with all of the hats I make.

I just watched the tutorial from the blog and the sample seems like a good size for a scarf. I think I'm going to try that. I love all of the pics in this CAL and I need some scarves to go with all of the hats I make.

that is a good idea.  the pattern really is just so neat.  My shawl version has begun rather well.

• 3 weeks later...

finally got this shawl done in my wobbly way :rofl

post-4896-0-24622300-1424018960_thumb.jpg

I am rather hoping that this gets to a Jewish man as it reminds me of the Jewish Prayer shawls in white and blue.

Now I need to find more colours to make another of these in some form or another.

Archived