mom4x

2014 KISS Ornament Swap ... Sign ups open

2014 KISS Ornament Swap

Swap Requirements

You will be sending your partner ONE ornament.  This is a KISS swap therefore only the ONE ornament will be sent. 

Important Dates to Remember

Partners -   Nov 1st

Shipping - Dec 7th

Swap ends - Dec 15th

Please EMAIL me with you completed survey by Oct 31st.   Read all the rules before submitting a survey.  This is a simple swap with little requirements, but please remember the time of year and how busy you are, DO NOT sign up if you can't complete the swap.   IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL PLEASE PUT YOUR VILLE USERNAME AND ORNAMENT SWAP  ... this makes it much easier for me to organize. 

GUIDELINES:

Here are the rules. Please read them thoroughly before signing up.

1. Please submit a survey if you want to participate in this exchange. (See second post for Survey information.) Surveys should be emailed to the swap coordinator, mom4x  at crochet_n_4u(@)yahoo(dot)com You will receive a confirmation email when your survey is received, and your username will be added to the list of swappers posted below. Surveys can be submitted until  31 October 2014. N.B.: Please do not send your survey as attachment. Please cut and paste the survey in the body of your message. 

2. It is not required that you answer all the questions on the survey (except for name, address, and Crochetville nickname), but it is a good way for your partner to know your other preferences: favorite color, allergies, etc. If you have been in a recent swap, you may want to let the hostess know who your swap partner was, so you are not accidentally teamed again (this has happened).

3. By submitting a swap survey, you agree to follow all Swap Guidelines and general forum guidelines. Please note—there is now a new requirement re: digital patterns.

4. Partner assignments will be e-mailed to you on 1 November 2014. Packages must be POSTMARKED BY 7 December 2014. **Proof of shipping is required whenever it is available (see Swap Guidelines for details), and the delivery confirmation number must be emailed or PM'd to the swap coordinator.** All packages should be received by the end of the swap on 15 December 2014.

5. E-mail the coordinator, mom4x  at crochet_n_4u(@)yahoo(dot)com , when you receive your partner information at the start of the swap, and when you send and receive your exchange item(s) so that she can keep record of who sent and received. Do not PM her through Crochetville. This is in addition to posting to the swap thread that you mailed or received your assigned partner and your packages. Lots of messages are posted to the swap thread daily. Please don’t make the swap coordinator go through all those messages to see if you sent/received your package!!! Remember, these emails are now required of all Crochetville swappers. Failure to do so will result in the accumulation of reputation points.

6. Please thank your partner for their thoughtfulness when you receive your package. It will make his or her day. **Thank-you’s MUST be posted on the swap thread, but you can post links to your blog for photos, etc., if you choose. Thank-you’s are REQUIRED!!**Please also thank your partner personally with a private email, as well as a post to the swap thread. The private thank-you lets your partner know that their package has been received, and the public thank-you lets the other swappers know what you received and adds to everyone’s enjoyment of the exchange. Both public and private thank-you’s are required.

7. Make sure your postage and receiver's address are correct before mailing. Mark your package with Crochetville Ornament  Swap. Do not forget that delivery confirmation (or other proof of shipping) is required whenever it is available, and the delivery confirmation must be emailed to the swap coordinator. This provides proof of mailing in case your package is lost during transit.

8. If you have a problem with your partner or an item you receive, please DO NOT post complaints to the swap board. Please PM or email the swap coordinator privately.

9. If your package is not postmarked by the Mailing Deadline of December 7th 2014 you will be subject to the consequences listed in the Swap Guidelines. Please contact the swap coordinator BEFORE the mailing deadline passes if there is a problem.

10. Since we are an international group, everyone is more than welcome to participate. That means that your exchange partner may live across the world and packages may take longer to arrive and cost more to ship. Keep this in mind when mailing items.

11. Most importantly, have fun! Happy Swapping!!

PRIVACY INFORMATION:

The information you provide on your survey is provided to assigned swap partners. Information may also be provided to the Swap Coordinator Leader (DesertCrocheter) and Crochetville administration (AmyS and Donna) for the purposes of swap coordination only. With prior permission, survey information may also be shared with members sending “Angel” replacement packages, if necessary.

Edited by mom4x

SURVEY... Please complete the survey and EMAIL it to    crochet_n_4u(@)yahoo(dot)com

What is your full name (for mailing purposes only), and C'ville nickname?

Email address for swap information?

What is your mailing address?

Can you send to a foreign partner?

Do you have any allergies? (Smoke, certain scents, food items, cats/dogs, etc)?

Do you, or anyone in your household, smoke?

Do you mind swapping with a smoker?

Do you have cats/dogs, other pets?

Do you have any fiber allergies (wool, mohair, etc)?

What holiday(s) do you celebrate (Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Solstice, etc.)?

Do you decorate your tree in a particular color or theme/style?

Any particular ornament pattern or style you have your eye on?

Partners have been sent.  Please note that I had to make an adjustment after I sent a couple, so use the last partner you receive.  It will say REVISED .  (not all of you will receive an adjustment) 

Here is the partner list....

mom4x.............jessicali

tampadoll......bailey4

beckyb..........#1crochetfan

Please make sure your emails match the above list.  If not let me know and I will resend.   Happy swapping.... :)

Hey Tampa Doll awoke to your email.  I am so looking forward to this swap!!!!  I will send out an email this morning.

Hey Becky- I'm feeling a little better so I am on the computer for a little bit and think I have an awesome "whimsical" ornament that will be just perfect for you. :D

I may work a little bit on it tonight if I am up to working, and we'll see how it will work out but I really hope it will work up the way I want it to.

Good Morning everyone.  #1Crochetfan, I do hope you feel better soon.

A new day, a new pattern to test for this swap.  I am making a couple and deciding which to send.

Hope everyone has a great day.  Happy Hooking.

• Like 1

Hey Becky- I'm feeling a little better so I am on the computer for a little bit and think I have an awesome "whimsical" ornament that will be just perfect for you. :D

I may work a little bit on it tonight if I am up to working, and we'll see how it will work out but I really hope it will work up the way I want it to.

Glad you're feeling better, I know whatever you do, I will love it!!  I have narrowed yours down to 3 and I just keep leaning toward one more than the others, decisions decisions, lol. 

Moved outside my ami comfort zone yesterday and wasn't happy with the outcome.  Time to move back to what I know.

Good Morning everyone.  I am almost finished with my ornament, now the hard part is to choose which one. 

I made a couple to choose from, and it is getting harder to decide.

My instincts tell me I should go with one of a dozen cute ami ornament patterns I've made, but I just can't resist one more experiment.  We'll see how it goes.

I am done!!!  I sent you an email.  I really love this guy and I hope you do, too.  Sadly, can't mail him until Wednesday.