Re-stashing, opposite of de-stashing... WOW.

Hi all, well I am on cloud nine for sure today,   :c9    friend of mine, stopped at a garage sale in the area, called me, and asked me if i needed any more yarn, as this gal we both know, up the street, has about 4 bins she is selling of her mom's, whose in a nursing home now, and is just wanting to get rid of it....I jumped on it, get it get it, Ill pay you whatever you pay for it!!!( i wasn't even dressed yet, and didn't want it to get away, by the time i got there, lol) :manyheart

Needless to say, she got it all, and I mean all, for are you ready, 15 bucks.... :clap .There is at least I dunno how many skeins of red heart, some caron, some vanna, some impeccable, a few sports and or baby yarn skein, and even a bakers dozen (13) of sugar and cream cotton, not to mention numerous balls , some big, some small!!

I have just finished the inventory, and just thinking 3 bucks for the yarn skeins alone, not counting the cotton, sportz, a few baby, and some balls, big and small, I am new owner of 350.00 worth of yarn, if you had to buy it in the stores today, and that is a low estimate..!! wow, can't belive it, so Im walking on air!!!!!!!!!! what a deal, what a friend, what a good garage sale!!!!!!!!!!! :ty

Im just overwhelmed and so pleased, I had so much fun going through it, took me 3 hours, and some minutes, lol but got most of it sorted, and found homes on shelves, and in baskets, and such, wow, Im good with yarn, for a whilte!!!!!!! once in a while, I tell ya......lol once in a while, the Yarn Gods are smiling down on us all! oh and on my work table, another two crates full of skeins, and one of balls, sheesh!

here's a pic, before I went through it ALL....

post-40621-0-17862200-1414270328_thumb.jpg

Wow! Jackpot and a half!  :yes It looks like it has a lot of fun colors to play with too. Truly you are favored by the yarn gods! I'm frantically trying to downsize my stash over the next before I hope to move, but I would not have been able to pass that up.

yay, yes, jack pot, hail to the almighty Yarn Gods!!!!! most fun Ive had for a while, kinda sad, isn't that, lol Oh well, me is happy, thanks for the congratz, she is a good friend, she was almost as excited for me, and I was for me, lol    

HO-LEE CATS!! No wonder you were excited! Wow!!

Ya know, if that orange in the middle white box is as bright as it looks on my phone, I might offer to buy a skein or two of it off you.... I have a skein of ghastly bright hunter orange that I was stumped by for years until someone here suggested a Halloween ghan, but I'm not sure if just one skein will be enough.... ;) If you're not interested that's fine too - I know you'll have plenty to do with it!! (And I can always hit a shop when a) I finally get around to working this thing; don't even have a plan yet, and b) when I need more of the orange - that could be years from now! :D )

It's not sad at all ~ it's wonderful! You just can't pass up a sale like that, and you ooh and aah your way through every bit of it! When I've had finds like yours, it was always exciting no matter how much yarn I already had. And now you're restocked for Christmas crocheting.

I have visions of this happening to me.  Not the buying, but the selling of all my yarn and patterns for maybe 10 or 15 dollars, just to get rid of it.

Great buy and congrats on the super find.  Wow can I borrow your friend to go to yards sales for me?

:drool WOW! If you're in the stash busting CAL, you'll go to the moon and beyond. Great deal. Of all the sales where I've found :yarn, I never got such a deal. Once at the end of a yard sale, I got 3 afghans for $8. 1 teen ($5) and 1 toddler ($3) size, they threw in the matching doll/preemie afghan for free. Said I was the only one who showed an interest all day. If I had gotten there earlier, I could've had a box of :yarn for $10. You really lucked out.

Ellie 13

Archived