Fiber Fest of New England 2014

Bailey4

I am going for the first time this year and I found out today I am going to be able to take the Tunisian Workshop!!!  The festival takes place at the Big E in Springfield, MA November 1-2.

If you live in the area there are lots of places offering bus trips for Saturday if you don't want to drive.  I signed up with Assabet School's Adult Ed program in Marlborough and the Woolpack LYS in Acton is also offering a bus.  I'm sure there are others offering buses as well if you are interested.

We are always talking about getting a larger crochet presence at these events, so I thought I'd post this and see if we can get the word out.

You can find more information at their website here.

• 3 weeks later...

What a wonderful day.  We are always being told Crochet classes don't sell, well the Tunisian one filled to capacity and the teacher was AMAZING!!  I loved the class and would love to take a longer more in depth one at some point if I can find one closer to home.  It made such a difference having a human to ask questions of when I hit the same spots I've reached before and no matter how many videos I watched I couldn't get past the challenge I was having.  What a wonderful day.

The festival vendors were primarily devoted to knitters, spinners, and felters, but I did get a few crochet items and I made sure to thank those vendors that had what I bought.  I left a note with the organizers thanking them for an excellent Tunisian class and telling them I'd be back if they offered more crochet classes next year. 

Archived