Sophie's Garden block CAL

darski

I love the colourful Sophie's Garden block.   you need to get the pattern for the Mandala first. :eek

post-4896-0-99681900-1413393846_thumb.jpg

Look for these words to get the pattern, - I'm trying to leave as much in her realm as possible.

I'm hoping that this CAL will keep me busy over my Lockdown time.

about lockdown:

They are replacing the elevator in my apartment building and it will take about 2 months -more or less- to get it done.  I live on the 4th floor and have mobility issues so I will be staying on the 4th floor for the duration.  this CAL is to keep my little pea brain occupied and out of trouble :yes

expect to spend some time finding yarn colours that will work with the pattern.

I hope others will give this a try.  I find the encouragement of others feeds my creativity so  much. :ghug

post-4896-0-92325000-1413393844_thumb.jpg

Oh, wow! That is gorgeous! What kind and weight yarn are you going to use? I would like to try it sometime, but I don't think I can add anything to my list between now and Christmas. It should certainly help keep you occupied during your lockdown.

I like this pattern....but my eyes glazed over when I saw the tutorials interspersed with the directions.

TY so much for trimming it down for us!

Wow that is beautiful but there is no way on this earth I could wrap my brain around all of those instructions right now.  I think this would be the perfect project for your lock down tho!  I wouldn't want to think of being stuck inside for that long of a time period...I would be going mad!  You're bound to get alot of crocheting done in that time frame!  Can't wait to see your progress!

I think that is most beautiful, and will look so forward to seeing yours when completed, as you do such nice work on everything you make, so sorrry though about the elevator, one would think that the management would have made some arrangement for those that are limited in mobility. How will you survive 2 months, without running out of milk, or something; Lets hope you have some good friends, that can climb stairs, in those cases! Take care, and you are amazing, thanks for sharing all your lovely things and ideas and patterns with us all here...

I have stocked my fridge and freezer with milk and bread and have stocked up on all kinds of foods for the time I can't get out.  I've been preparing for the last 2 months for the next 2 months.  The repair company says that they hope to be finished in 6 weeks so that is my prayer goal for the next while. :rofl

I was looking through my stash looking for colours to use for my first of these.  It will be interesting to see what can be done with colour.  The original is almost too pretty to change :think

I have the bad habit of picking something because it just looks so good :c9

When I got to reading this I found out it was to be worked with Sport Weight 3 of 6 yarn and a 4.mm hook.  well :blush  I'm using full worsted weight 4 of 6 and a 6.mm hook so it will likely be a tad larger than the actual pattern.

I admit that I am just going row by row with my colour choices with my general intention to make it a blue block.

Here we go so far.  I am at round 7 and it is really quite pretty [kudos to the creator; not me on that]we'll see how it goes as it goes

post-4896-0-95344200-1413483411_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-22908600-1413483416_thumb.jpg

You can see how the look changes from the 3rd to the 7th round with more colours.

thank you :ghug

I am up to round 14.  I admit that I am finding it a challenge to focus on this or any crochet.  I hope to settle in real soon and then I can do more stuff and less worrying. :eek

the dark blue is a royal navy and is not quite as dark as it shows here.

post-4896-0-80055800-1413644255_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-55861700-1413644257_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have progressed to round 20 but I'm finding it difficult to crochet at all and this is very deamanding.  I plan to keep going as I can.

My are muscles are so sore I can't do much crochet at all.

Oh, well... will get a pic after row 21 :)

How ya doing Darski?  Are you locked in the apt. yet?  Hope you post some more pictures soon...can't wait to see your progress!  :cheer 

I am just finishing my 3rd week in lockdown.  I admit it is playing with my mind but I'm listening to my Kindle and crocheting when I can.

Hang in there!  It will be over before you know it!  I would get cabin fever and of course even if I didn't WANT to go anywhere, the idea of not being able to would drive me insane!  What are you listening to on your Kindle? 

It's amazing how different it looks with each added round.  It will be interesting to know how big the final square is.  Do you think you will do a whole afghan with  just these squares, alternate them with simpler squares, or build an entire afghan around this square?  I hope you don't have much longer to go with your lockdown.  

What are you listening to on your Kindle? 

I have hundreds of books - largely Georgette Heyer and Dorothy L. Sayers (go Lord Peter!) and a ton of stories set in Regency England.

actually I would like to recommend 4 books  by Lorena McCourtney.  they are Christian Mysteries and are very good.  Book 1 is a freebie :eek   Each one is part of a timeline but you could read them in any order I suppose.

Book 1: Invisible 

Book 2: In Plain Sight

Book 3: On the Run

Book 4: Stranded

Archived