Midnight Brites Blanket help!

My neighbor dreams of having a Midnight Brites Blanket.

She was bitten by her sons dog when trying to break up two of them fighting on her arm.. To me she looked like she was mauled by a bear. She is okay and doing quite well. It is healing well but she is bruised and still in pain. I keep checking on her... This is the first time I actually met her. We talked and I asked her if she crocheted. I was keeping conversation waiting for the EMT's to get there. She said yes and told me of the afghan she wanted to make...So I want to make this happen for her... It would be a wonderful charity project for who ever wants to help.

I need 255 blocks.

Here are the colors,

The yarn I am using is Red Heart Super Saver

Purple --Amethyst -44 blocks

Pink -- Pretty in Pink - 46 blocks

Orange -- Pumpkin - 44 blocks

Yellow -- Bright Yellow - 41 blocks

Green -- Paddy Green - 40 blocks

Blue -- Blue - 40 blocks

This will be 15 rows across and 17 rows down and i will put a black border all the way around the blocks.

Hook Size is H

We are doing a regular granny square of three rounds. It will be 4 inches. In the corners do only 2 chains between the double crochets. Like this 3 double crochets chain 2 then 3 double crochets... That will be the corners. .

Here is a picture i drew up to show you what it will look like.

post-48736-0-51022600-1412799799_thumb.jpg

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will keep track of names and how many are sent to me so everyone will know what to make of each color. Not one person has to make one color ... You chose and let me know and I will keep a record of it..

So far I have

randibb82 for Pumpkin

Pineknott for Paddy Green

katyallen8090 for all colors

sopo for pink and yellow

They will let me know how many they make of those colors and i will tally it up and keep it posted so i dont get to many of one color and not enough of another. Thanks all for the help.

well Hello dear owlvamp,yes, I will send some, don't know what or how much I have of those colors, but am sure I can get some to you, do you  how many of each color, and that is a great idea, on listing totals, so we can see how many more you need, which isnt a concern right now, but will become one later, ha ha

Glad to see you, and will add this thread to my favs, thanks for posting, and good luck!! I will pledge some early on, before it gets too difficult to keep up with counts, lol this is gonna keep you busy dear friend!

So come on everyone, get on the wagon, and get your h hooks, and Red Heart yarns collected, and off we go!! Finished size to be then, about 3 inches, correct!

I would like to get the squares by the end of November if possible. But will see how things go and how much i can collect and do myself.

Im so sorry Sandra I have to back out of donating squares. Hopefully someone will be able to volunteer some amethyst squares for you.

I'm sorry to hear that but it will be okay. I will get some and start making some myself.. Thank you for letting me know.

Dont know where the rest of my post went but. I cant get 3 inches or even close. I went down to size f....

Really? I know everyone crochets different , some tight some loose but don't worry about it. You can't do it you can't do it.

My sister crochets loose compared to me.. Alls we all can do is our best.. Thanks for trying.

Thanks katy was going to suggest the same thing. Use whatever hook gets you close to the 3 inches. I guess it will be different for us all.

its almost time to head back to the kitchen,to get another coffee,the hook and yarn already awaits me,I'll put on my headset and catch up on what the Hurricane sisters by Dorothea Benton Frank are up to,books on CD's are great for multi tasking,lol

well,I'm back after a test run,I'm trying my darndest to get it,not happening,crocheting tight as I can and both hooks H & G

and my first round on both are measuring 1 1/2 inches making my two round at three,which is what I got when I used to make saltines ( a name  for two rounds ) for someone who was making shawls,are you willing to accept 3 rounds at 4 inches?

its almost time to head back to the kitchen,to get another coffee,the hook and yarn already awaits me,I'll put on my headset and catch up on what the Hurricane sisters by Dorothea Benton Frank are up to,books on CD's are great for multi tasking,lol

I love listening to books while I crochet or do lots of tasks around the house that can get pretty boring! I had been borrowing CDs from the library or from a membership I had. A year or so ago I switched to audible and download them now. It has the advantage of owning the book, so I can listen at any time or relisten without a time limit, and can let my DS and DIL listen to them, too.

Is everybody getting the same? Are you getting to 3 rounds and its 4 inches? Use whatever hook it takes you to get to 3 rounds (3inches).. Katy have you tried it yet? It's hard to believe we all crochet that much of a difference... I know it happens!

Archived