Midnight Brites Blanket help!

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, hi all.

I see we are all having the same trouble, I have tried an h hook, 4 inches,  an g hook, 3 3/4  and a 7 hook, which is a 4.0 mm, and that comes out to 3 and 3/4 inches. I can't believe working with an f hook, would work with red heart, it's too difficult for me to work with an f. I too am wondering the same thing, would the 4 inch three rounds with the h hook work???

ok, I'm getting 3 1/2" on 3 rounds with an h hook so not sure what to do.

or maybe do two rounds, for 3 inches, I dunno, confused, bewildered, and dissapointed too, ha ha, maddening to say the least, that I can't pull this off!!  what to do sandra, what shall we do?? I too have paddy green, and pumpkin, so can do a skein of each, IF this whole size thing can be worked out, lol Help!!!!!!!

Just a suggestion   Maybe since alot of us are having the same problem you should go up a hook size Owlvamp so that your hook size = 4" or even 31/2.   Just my opinion.   It seems like there are several people that wanna help, and 399 squares are an awful lot to do yourself

i agree everyone lets go up a hook size and make them four inches. So everyones 3 rounds equal 4 inches? Let me know and then I will draw up another drawing.... Because we wont need as many blocks correct?

wow, well YAY, my h hook and me make good 3 round 4 inch granny's!!! AND YES, probably won't need quite so many that way,now, off to the crochet hook, and a diet coke to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hip hip hooray!!!!!!!!!!! for she's a jolly good moderator, hip hip hooray for helping us all out sandra!!!!! and so sorry about you having to color up a new graph, your first one was soooooo pretty!!! :clap  :cheer  :cheer  :ty  :day

and we are happy you are happy we're all happy!!!! just so we all understand this, 3 rounds equals 4 inches with h hook for me!!! Im doing some in paddy green, a full skein, we'll will see how many we get out a full skein, Piniknott and I did that once, with yo yo's for someone, and she got a few more than I did out of her skein, how so, we have no clue, maybe my skein had a bit missing??? so she and I will see, this time, how many 4 inch, 3 round granny's we get ok, out of one full skein!! ok  Pineyknot!! lol

Then i have a skein of the pumpkin too i found, might have the pink, but will have to see if I hae one with the label, cause I don't know the diff between the pretty in pink,  and petal pink right off the cuff...One is lighter, but which, I dunno.....

and Sandra will post her graph, and her count of how many of each color and total of squares needed, whenever she completes the graph, correct. yay, we can all square away now, that is grand!! I thougt it ws 3 inch i used to make withm 3 rounds, turns out, I was mistaken and it must have been four inches with 3 rows, Im a blonde, what can I say!!! thanks for revampingt owlvamp!! Much less frusteration for us all!!

i have a few made already,l and they turned out a perfect 4 inches, yay!! I thought i was losing my mind there for a while. lol

Okay here is the break down

Purple --Amethyst -44 blocks

Pink -- Pretty in Pink - 46 blocks

Orange -- Pumpkin - 44 blocks

Yellow -- Bright Yellow - 41 blocks

Green -- Paddy Green - 40 blocks

Blue -- Blue - 40 blocks

Also the graph! I delete the original one on the first page and put up the new picture... This way anyone new wont be confused to bad i hope.

post-48736-0-70002700-1412799922_thumb.jpg

If I understand correctly we are doing 3 rounds and you will be doing the 4th round with the black when you join them?  In your first post you might want to say that you are wanting 3 rounds of the granny square to equal 4 inches and that the "suggested" hook size is an H.  

"We are doing a regular granny square of four rounds. In the corners do only 2 chains between the double crochets. Like this 3 double crochets chain 2 then 3 double crochets... That will be the corners. .

Here is a picture i drew up to show you what it will look like."

If I understand correctly we are doing 3 rounds and you will be doing the 4th round with the black when you join them?  In your first post you might want to say that you are wanting 3 rounds of the granny square to equal 4 inches and that the "suggested" hook size is an H.  

"We are doing a regular granny square of four rounds. In the corners do only 2 chains between the double crochets. Like this 3 double crochets chain 2 then 3 double crochets... That will be the corners. .

Here is a picture i drew up to show you what it will look like."

Yes this is correct.

Yes 3 rounds equal 4 inches. I fixed it on the first page.... My poor head is spinning... Look it over and let me know if i need to fix anything else.. Thanks ladies for all the help.

and we are happy you are happy we're all happy!!!! just so we all understand this, 3 rounds equals 4 inches with h hook for me!!! Im doing some in paddy green, a full skein, we'll will see how many we get out a full skein, Piniknott and I did that once, with yo yo's for someone, and she got a few more than I did out of her skein, how so, we have no clue, maybe my skein had a bit missing??? so she and I will see, this time, how many 4 inch, 3 round granny's we get ok, out of one full skein!! ok  Pineyknot!! lol

Then i have a skein of the pumpkin too i found, might have the pink, but will have to see if I hae one with the label, cause I don't know the diff between the pretty in pink,  and petal pink right off the cuff...One is lighter, but which, I dunno.....

and Sandra will post her graph, and her count of how many of each color and total of squares needed, whenever she completes the graph, correct. yay, we can all square away now, that is grand!! I thougt it ws 3 inch i used to make withm 3 rounds, turns out, I was mistaken and it must have been four inches with 3 rows, Im a blonde, what can I say!!! thanks for revampingt owlvamp!! Much less frusteration for us all!!

i have a few made already,l and they turned out a perfect 4 inches, yay!! I thought i was losing my mind there for a while. lol

Katy,my skein is partial skein with maybe 6 - 6 inch squares out of it from another time

Just can't get it right. lol my h hook is 3 1/2 inches. an I hook gets me to 3 3/4. figure a j hook is going to just look wonky compared to everyone elses. :/ sorry

ohhh you got it, yay!! looks sorta like mine, see my last Oct tote in my signature!!!

and Sandra changed it to be....for all of us,

3 rounds, = 4 inch squares using an h hook, or close enough to it anyway, this is as good as it gets!!!

Yes 3 rounds equal 4 inches. I fixed it on the first page.... My poor head is spinning... Look it over and let me know if i need to fix anything else.. Thanks ladies for all the help.

I'm still going to do orange. I'll have 44 blocks in no time.

Wow!! wonderful that will be great will work on another color. :) Thank you!!

Archived