td creations bed dolls

Ellamae Parker

Question

12 answers to this question

Td creations doll mary lu. I am stuck on shoulders. Get first shoulder but instructions for next part do not make any sense

Can you say what your problem is and post the first 2 rows only?

I have the picture. It looks like one where you did the first shoulder after the bottom and only worked on one side then attatch the yarn so many stitches over and do the other side.

This is the bodice of the pattern. does not seem to make sense. will highlight my comments that go along with what I am not understanding.

BODICE: With Bright Pink yarn, ch 29. (Starting at waistline) ROW 1: Sc in second ch from hook. Sc in next 27 sts. (28 sts) ROW 2: Ch 1. Turn. Crochet in front loop of next 27 sts. (28 sts) (Do not count turning ch) ROW 3: Ch 1. Turn. Sc in next 27 sts. (28 sts)
BODICE BACK RIGHT SIDE: ROW 4: Ch 1. Turn. Sc in next 5 sts. Miss last 22 sts. (6 sts) ROWS 5-6: Ch 1. Turn. Sc in next 5 sts. (6 sts)
BACK RIGHT SHOULDER: ROW 7: Ch 1. Turn. Dec 1 sc. Sc in next st. Miss next 2 sts. (3 sts) ROWS 8-10: Ch 1. Turn. Sc in next 2 sts. (3 sts) Fasten off on Row

I understand the bodice thru back right shoulder.

BODICE BACK LEFT SIDE: Go back to Row 3 of Bodice, with wrong side of st toward you and starting in the 6th st from the left end of the row. ROW 1: Ch 1 in first st. Sc in next 5 sts. (6 sts) ROWS 2-3: Ch 1. Turn. Sc in next 5 sts. (6 sts) Fasten off.      which end am I starting from, from unworked edge or bodice back right side

BACK LEFT SHOULDER: Go back to Row 3 Back Left Side, with wrong side of st toward you. Miss the first 2 sts. ROW 1: Ch 1 in next st. Dec 1 sc. Sc in next st. (3 sts) ROWS 2-4: Ch 1. Turn. Sc in next 2 sts. (3 sts) Fasten off on Row 4.
BODICE FRONT: With bright pink yarn, go back to Bodice Row 3, with wrong side of st toward you, miss the first st from the Back.  what does it mean from the back.           ROW 1: Ch 1 in first st. Dec 1 sc. Sc in next 8 sts. Dec 1 sc. Sc in next st. Miss next st. (12 sts) this area I don't have enough stitches to do this and end up with 12 stiches.

BODICE LEFT FRONT SHOULDER: ROW 2: Ch 1. Turn. Dec 1 sc. Sc in next 2 sts. Miss next 7 sts. (4 sts) ROW 3: Ch 1. Turn. Sc in next 3 sts. (4 sts) ROW 4: Ch 1. Turn. Dec 1 sc. Sc in next st. (3 sts) ROWS 5-8: Ch 1. Turn. Sc in next 2 sts. (3 sts) Fasten off on Row 8.
BODICE RIGHT FRONT SHOULDER: With bright pink yarn, go back to Row 1 of Bodice Front, with wrong side of st toward you and starting in the 5th st from the end of the row. ROW 1: Ch 1 in first st. Sc in next st. Dec 1 sc. Sc in next st. (4 sts) ROW 2: Ch 1. Turn. Sc in next 3 sts. (4 sts) ROW 3: Ch 1. Turn. Dec 1 sc. Sc in next st. (3 sts) ROWS 4-7: Ch 1. Turn. Sc in next 2 sts. (3 sts) Fasten off on Row 7. Sew Shoulders together.

if someone could explain this to me in greater detail I would appreciate it. I will also email copy of pattern for the help. ty

>>>>>>which end am I starting from, from unworked edge or bodice back right side<<<<<<<

You start from the left end of the piece which is the unworked side starting in 6 sc from the end so there will be some sc between the first shoulder you did and the start of this side. you go back and forth those stitches ending off at row 3 then reattach yarn at beginning of row 3 you ended off of and finish the shoulder.

>>>>>>miss the first st from the Back. what does it mean from the back. <<<<<<

It means you start one stitch from the right back shoulder you did and you will work in those sc between the shoulders ending before the other back shoulder then do the left front shoulder then go back and finish the right one

Archived