Crochet World - Golden Sunflower Afghan - Number of skeins?

Beaglelady

Question

In the Aug. 2014 issue.  Curious to know - if anyone has made this?    I've worked it up and in the process of putting it together.  Love the color combo. Purchased the necessary amount of yarn that it calls for. (Red Heart Yarn super saver  7oz skeins:  8 Country Blue; 3 Tea Leaf; 2 each of gold and coffee)   Gauge is 4 sc = 1"; 4sc rows = 1 inch)  Tea Leaf square worked in sc, while the Blue squares are worked in crossed DC.     All my squares worked up to the same sizes.   But where the pattern calls for 8 skeins of the Country Blue - I have 5 full skeins left over??

3 answers to this question

I haven't made it, but it sounds like a typo. Probably should have been three,. do you still have the receipt....or maybe you can make an exchange for another color? Otherwise it sounds like another session of blanket-making is in your future.

Oh....I'll just add the extra to my 'stash'.   I keep wondering if it's not a miss print as well.   Neglected to say pattern calls for an "F" hook.   I would have thought with the blue being in DC it would have used more yarn.    So I actually used 3 skeins with a little left over from the 3rd one.   Country Blue is hard to find in the stores so I ordered that and the Tea Leaf through Herrschners.    I'll keep it and use on something else.   

Archived