Soft yarn for Cancer caps

CLLinda

I got invited to an event of which they are making caps for cancer patients at the local hospital.  They can be knit or crocheted, but they have to be of a very soft yarn.  The event is on October 18th and 19th, so I have a little while to get ready.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some soft yarns that are not very expensive, and easy to care for.  Also any patterns that you can recommend would be appreciated.  I knit and crochet, so either kind of pattern would be great.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Linda

A two year Breast Cancer Survivor (October 2014)

I don't know about cheap, but you could go with ILTY or ILTC or even Caron Simply Soft. 

Actually most of the cotton yarns are soft and easy to take care of. 

Usually at Wal-Mart, you can find cones at a pretty good price.

I always use Caron Simply Soft. I send my hats to Knots of Love. If you go to their web site, they have a ton of patterns for hats. Most chemo patients prefer hats that don't have holes and aren't see through. They also have a list of the yarns they have found are the best for sensitive heads. They give permission for their patterns to be used for other charities.

if you have plush or amore or some dazzleaire  (vintage in your stash) that is soft, and so is like mentioned above, caron ss, and ILTY, there is also vanna, hers is soft, and one more that i can't think of right nowlol... Even homespun, might work, if you want it warmer, and there are lots of hats, from Lion Brand, just got an email today.....

• 2 weeks later...

I made my mom's out of Caron Simply Soft and Lionbrand Homespun but her favorite hat was made out of Deborah Norville Serenity Chunky, because it's so soft and plush. They sell it at Joann's. :)

Archived