A Square A Day for October CAL

Kimgoodie

If you havent already Dont forget to check out the granny friendshipafghan thread...my home thread if your looking for an awesome way to share and receive squares. I have been a member of this thread for over 5 years, its a great place to call home. Katyallen8090 the host of this cal will welcome you with open arms.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to youtube randi...it is super easy, and gives a much more professional looking start. Do it randi do it, and if you get stuck im me for my phone number and I will talk you thru it. 2 more days to grab them balls of yarn.

Thanks so much.

I'll join this if I can be the boring member. I'm seriously working at using down stash before (I hope) moving to a place with less storage than I have now. I will probably just be doing plain old vanilla granny squares for a baby blanket or lapghan to donate. I'll think about what I want to use. I have some Caron Simply Soft Paints tapestry (do they even make that anymore?) that I can pair with some ILTY, also on my use it up list, or a partial skein of Bernat Super Value printemps, that I think is probably discontinued, that I can pair with ... something or other. Or some Bernat grass green that doesn't really go with anything - the challenge for this thread could be just finding something to use with it  :lol

Like some others, I may not be able to do one every day, though I will try. At any rate, I'll commit to producing 31 of them by the end of the month. This isn't the stated purpose of trying new things, but it will be good motivation to keep plugging along on the destash project. I'm off work the next two days, so I'll go through the stash and be ready to roll on the first! 

I was gifted Red Heart mettalic yarn in bright colors, so I'm making a patetrn that looks like a snowflake, but the rest of the square will be white. It's a pattern I love, so i'm excited to make it!!

I'm having a hard time keeping up with posts but I need to get back on my square wagon so to speak. :P I'll see what I can do but doubt I learn a new pattern a day. As much fun as that sounds, I think my brain would explode right now. buwhahaha 

I want to do 8 inch squares, where can I find some patterns?

Never mind, I found a bunch on Ravelry. Also, I'm an idiot. I JUST realized that today is not the 1st, it's only the 30th!! :oops Oh,well. I guess I'm a square ahead. :rofl

Welcome everyone to A Square A Day in October. Come in and make yourself at home.

My October 1st square is called "Simple 10-petal afghan square by Joyce Lewis"....free on Ravelry

That's a pretty one.

wow Kim, beautiful. My squares are going to look awfully boring compared to that one. lol ;) 

Welcome everyone to A Square A Day in October. Come in and make yourself at home.

My October 1st square is called "Simple 10-petal afghan square by Joyce Lewis"....free on Ravelry

Oooh, I like that one---very pretty!

Archived