jjen8487

Question

Ive been trying to crochet a baby blanket and everything that I come up with either doesn't look right. Im just really frustrated and stuck! I know it'll come to me but I'm at a point where I wanna give up and throw all my crochet things away! lol I won't of course but how do you guys get thru a frustrating project? any tips will help thanks 

9 answers to this question

Take a break from crocheting for a few days, is what i usually do. Sometimes i have to let the frustrating project sit for a long while, and work on other things. Sometimes i have to find a completely different project that the yarn "wants" to be.

I agree, when it gets to you, just put it down and walk away and then go back to it. I am an experienced crocheter (like over 50 years) and I find that happens to me at times. I will be doing a stitch I've done tons of times and suddenly it just doesn't cooperate. I go on to something else and then go back to it and voila, it works.

We all have gone through it at some point.

Roe

My only problem with stopping a project is forgetting to mark where I left off on the pattern and then I end up having to rip out until I get to a familiar place.  Or I don't keep the pattern with the crocheted piece, like if the pattern is in a book and then I can't figure out which book the pattern was in and didn't make a copy to keep with the piece..  Or I forget what size hook I was using.

So, for anybody, I would say to make sure you keep all of your project together in one place/bag/container and make a copy of the page of the pattern book so you can have more than one project from a book going at one time.  Now to learn from my own mistakes

Sometimes when I have a problem, I either put it down, with marking the pattern where I stopped, move on to something simple, then come back.  In the mean time I will sometimes take a sheet of paper and write out the like I am having trouble.  Like follows:

2dc in first stitch dc next and so on till end.

It will look on my paper like this:

DCDC DC DCDC DC DCDC DC

I know it make take awhile, depending on how long the line is, but it helps me.

This is how I learned to read patterns when I learned to both knit and crochet.

Archived