Bluebird of Happiness

sopo

I've been a bit homesick lately, a bit down from being on the outs with a friend. I've stayed busy, trying to help others.. send them a bit of comfort. I think I made one special lady a bit happier this week getting her comfortghan in the mail and today, I made my postmaster smile. He is going in for knee replacement surgery next week and said he wouldn't be having any fun....  so, I had been thinking about a place in Arkansas that made blown glass 'bluebirds of happiness' and remembered visiting them when I lived in the Ozarks. The birds always made me smile so thought I'd crochet the postman his own 'bluebird of happiness'. Lately, I've been doing a lot of Heidi Bears African flower animals and I had seen she had a bluebird of happiness pattern so I sort of modified the idea to make a basket of sorts.  I added some Hersheys Miniatures and inside, I put a slinky... cause who doesn't have fun with slinkies? It did make him smile so it was a good day. With all this other, I've been having migraines so laid down a bit and when I got up, checked my email...and Terra Studios (the AR blown glass place) had chosen me as a winner for a 'bluebird of happiness' and are mailing it to me. Love it when God sends smiles of His own our way. God sees each tear, each bit of sadness and knows each of our hearts and most importantly, He cares.

I was in a hurry when I made the crochet version but have a few changes in mind when I make the next one. ;) 

post-44513-0-20214300-1411177554_thumb.jpg

post-44513-0-52567000-1411177601_thumb.jpg

I love it.  The basket is perfect.  I am sure you put a big smile on his face. 

What a wonderful surprise to get up from. 

Hope you migraine is better.  I remember those, without fondness.

Stephanie- The day for you was made for the better and it's because you shine with kindness. I hope the Bluebird of Happiness keeps singing for you. Sweet looking bird you made there too. I love how you incorporated the African Flower motif.

PS- My grt-GD's nickname is Cookie also. :cchip 

The bird you created is adorable.  You are right.  Who can resist a slinky?  I am sure your postman appreciated your thoughtfulness.  That's so awesome that you won one of the glass bluebirds.  I have never been to their studio but have seen the birds for sale in shops all over southern MO and northern AR.

Thanks everyone, I had a thank you note in my po box yesterday. He said he loved it, the bluebird of happiness would be going with him Monday morning to the hospital. He would use the chocolates to keep the nurses happy and the slinky for entertainment. lol So sounds like it worked and he will have a bit of fun. ;) 

Archived