hook

I'm not sure about that one, but there is a friendshipghan thread that you can crochet squares for people to help them finish their 'ghans. 

Just saw this thread on my email and had to respond, mainly because I was thinking of seeing if anyone would like to start a new traveling hook project.  I've not been in the best health and Karol's going through another new hip recovery so I've been kinda off my feed lately.  But I've also been thinking of what might just get me off the dime with the Front Porch.   So... if someone would like to organize a project I'd be more than willing to donate a hook for the cause.  Might just be the shot in the arm I need.

Thanks for your concern and thanks for bringing the topic up!

Jimbo

Thank goodness you seen this Jimbo!  Sorry to hear of both of you having health issues....been going thru some myself.  But so thankful that you responded!  Hopefully someone will be willing to organize another traveling hook project.  The last one was so much fun and such an honor to participate in.  Hugs to you and Karol!

Sorry to hear about the health issues Jimbo.  If I also remember we had 2 traveling hooks and lost both.  Hope someone will get something together, it was fun reading what everyone had to say about the hook.

Jimbo - so sorry to hear of things getting both you and Karol down for the count! You have been missed by many both here and on your Front Porch!
Healing thoughts going out to you both!

And a new traveling hook sounds awesome!

:ghug 

Seems to me that one of the hooks got waylaid and the other was given away by a drawing.  I think everyone who participated had fun.  I know I sure did, cause the folks involved in the event got together and made me a afghan that was composed of squares made by lovely ladies from all over the US.  Others were made to benefit Friedreich's Ataxia research.

And I would be just tickled to send a new hook off to visit  Ville members.

The original traveling hook adventure was organized by the kind and very good looking Angelfire.  She might have some insight/help for organizing a new traveling hook adventure. 

so glad to hear from you jimbo. hope you both are doing better. I was the lucky person to win the hook that I got to crochet with. hope someone will respond to this post to start a new travelinghook. there are some new and pretty squares out there. thank you for responding to this post jimdo. love debi as nana

Thanks, Nana, I hope the traveling hook is doing well for you.  I also hope there's enough interest to start another one on it's way.  It was a fun thing to follow along as it traveled around the different states. 

• 2 weeks later...

Think it would help if we did a separate post, inviting someone to volunteer?  It's a big job joining all those squares, but the results are amazing.  Think of it, an afghan made up of squares that come from all over the map.  It's really something.  I can say, cause I have one and it's become a Jimbo family heirloom.

Ok here's how it started.  I wanted to do a fund raising thing for my friend's daughter who has Friedreich's Ataxia, and came up with the idea of making a special hook that I would send to the first person on a list of folks who wanted to participate.  That person would crochet a square (I think it was an 8" square),then send the hook on to the next person on the list of participants, and the square would go to a volunteer who would join the squares to make an afghan which could be auctioned off to raise funds to help with FARA (Friedreich's Ataxia Research Association.  

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Jimbo

Archived