Is BH&G SCC out yet?

allimac

Maybe Lion Brand just has first dibs on selling the issue since it's mostly their yarns and patterns as they collaborate on the magazine - that lady i spoke to never gave me an exact date - just said the first or second week of november - well november is practically here! i'll be on the lookout, too! i usually have my best luck at walmart if i wait a week or two after the official "hits newstands" date.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going crazy looking for this magazine in the past 2 days, so it isn't out yet? I saw that it was out on LB too, that's why I went looking. Geesh, I was beginning to think that crochet really did take off in a serious way and everyone wanted this magazine! It would have been the first time I couldn't find a magazine. Thanks for the new heads up...someone mentioned earlier that it was coming out Oct. 25th or something.

Please let us know if you see it on news stands!!! :hook

Borders at the Rockaway Mall in NJ: Tuesday, November 1st.

Tons of magazines at these type of bookstores...did I see it? No!

Good thing I asked at the desk...clerk looked and found it had just arrived. :clap

This bookstore only received a total of 3...that's it. Now there's 2.

i looked at barnes and noble and it had not come in yet. the lady i talked to took my name and number and said she would save me 3 as i asked her to, you ask why 3, cause thats how many people i know who want it lol

besides you guys that is lol. hope it comes out soon, i can not wait to see it:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

I got my copy at Barnes and Noble yesterday ... quite a few copies there. Wish there were as many good crochet publications as there are for knitting :(

Hope you all get your copy ..... great ideas and patterns!

I got my copy at Barnes and Noble yesterday ... quite a few copies there. Wish there were as many good crochet publications as there are for knitting :(

Hope you all get your copy ..... great ideas and patterns!

I agree, there are always so many cool knitting mags with trendy patterns but no so much with crochet. Although things have been getting a lot better lately. And my Barnes and Noble keeps their needlework mags in the middle section of their mags and crochet ones are always on the very back top row, you have to scour to find them.

For those of you in Michigan, I found it at the Borders Book store in Auburn Hills. I think it should be called Lion Brand presents as most of the projects are calling for LB yarns.

That's SO true!!!

Well, I bought it yesterday at B&N, but the fact that I bought it is not really an endorsement. I'm really disappointed, as always. There's one or two things in there that I'll probably try, but that's it. I just don't get it. I love ponchos as much as the next guy, and a year ago I would have flipped to see another poncho pattern, but now I think it's time to move on. Not to say that if you want to wear a poncho you shouldn't cause they're old news, but fashion trends change, and I don't think these magazines keep up. Where are the shrugs. That's what's hot now. Don't get me wrong, it's not awful, but it's nothing great either. IMHO. I think the ladies here make much more interesting items. I'll be interested in what others have to say.

Well, I could not find it & have looked in all the usual places -- except Borders and B & N -- but I've checked everywhere else I have found my knitting and crochet magazines.

Meanwhile I stopped at the used bookstore and picked up a copy of the Illustrated Dictionary of Knitting and even found a copy of Interweave Crochet from 2004 (really good!!!)

I found it today at nearby Borders, seems that they had about 15 copies, lol! I scanned thru it, a lot of nice patterns from LB. I wonder why many craft stores haven't started selling it yet though?:think

found it today at my local supermarket - ( Albertsons)......its ok...not a wow publication ...and all LB - should have been the LBcrochet special!....waaay too many scarves and where are the shrugs??? ( I agree!!)

fiona

I may be wrong but I think LB sponsors these magazines. If you look at the catalog, you'll see a lot of the back issues of the Knit 1 and SCC Crochet magazines. That gives me the idea that LB and BHG must have a partnership of some kind.

I finally found a copy. I have to say that I am not too excited about it. I don't understand why foreign countries have such great patterns-which by the way I am having the devil of a time getting a hold of and I am seeking-but ours are always stale, old, boring... I agree about the ponchos. I am not gaga over shrugs but it is weird that there are none in there. And too many scarf patterns.

BUT there are a couple of great patterns (IMO) The assymetrical jacket is awesome and I am probably going to do that one soon. And they have a cardigan that is similar to one I did recently, using boucle. I might do that one too if I can get gauge using some Joann's rainbow boucle I still have.

AND also, again IMO the items are more professional looking - more finished looking - than a lot of stuff I have seen in mags recently. I have completely given up on Crochet Fantasy and I won't be renewing Crochet! either.

I have to say I'm with monael here - I went into my local Borders to look for it, and ended up leaving with a copy of Interweave Crochet instead. The projects in BHG SCC were nice, I guess, but just not to my taste - the "groovy" style that took up so much of the magazine just doesn't cut it for me. Meanwhile, the Interweave magazine had about five projects I just started drooling over (until I got it home and priced the yarn, but that's another issue), and two or three more that I thought would be lovely if they'd just extended the sizes up one more increment.

(That said, "nice, but just not to my taste" was better than a lot of the stuff in the most recent Crochet! magazine. And at least Lion Brand yarn is easily available and not horribly expensive.)

I found it at large Barnes and Noble on Rt.#17S in Northern New Jersey.

Frankly, I was disappointed with the magazine-I did not purchase it.

I find the magazines Inter weave Knits-Crochet,and Crochet! to be much better.

I also found it at Barnes and Noble (in Boston) but don't think any of the patterns really jump out at me. I noticed it's on the news stands for quite a while so maybe I will wait and see if anyone here makes something that draws me into buying it later!

I got mine today!! :cheer

We don't have crochet mags where I work, knit, scrapbooking and any other craft, just no crochet mags, so after weeks of telling the magazine guy to bring crochet mags (which it isn't his fault we don't have them) he called me to the back today and handed me 4 mags, 1 being the hard to find BH&G!! He said he just got it a few days ago.

Archived