afghan for grandma

CROCHETCHICK28

I was sitting here Crocheting some Christmas gifts until I get A knock on my door and it was my brother that had tears in his eyes he told me to sit down he said we just found out that grandma has 5 months to live.she had cancer for over a year and has gotten wheres it worse .

I asking is any way possible thaT I can get some of you crochet 8 inch squares and the color Green and white and red . I have 4 made but im gonna need more and if you have some made are gonna make some email me and I will send you my address to send them and once i get enough to connct them i will connct them and give it to my grandma .

I went to myy grandma a month ago and she looked at me and told me that she wants crocheted afhgan go they can bury it with her.:cry

Thanks for reading

Tasha

Tasha,

I'm very sorry for your bad news. I would send you squares but I have never been able to make them. Hopefully you will be able to get lots of squares from those here who know how to make them.

Oh hunny, I am sooo sorry, I lost my grandmother a year ago this past feb ( my adoptive mother) so this really hits home with me! I am crying so hard my hands are shakeing and my kids are looking at my like I am crazy. I have wished so many times that I had learned to crochet beforeshe died so I could have made her things. I have to be honest with you, I have never made a square but girl I am going to give it my best go and I will let you know how it turns out!

I'm in the middle of doing a bunch of squares for some others but if I can, I will send a couple...

For those of you who haven't done squares before, they are super simple! After doing a couple you can usually whip them up rather quickly (unless you go for the more advanced fancy patterns) Please don't let "fear" of never having made them stop you. Give it a try!!!!!!!!!!!

tasha sweetie i am so sorry, i am doing some right now for a another member and then have some to do for 1 more person, but i think i can find room to make you a couple. please do not give up hope, just becausen the docs say she has only 6 months to live, don't mean it is so. they said that about my uncle 5 years ago and he is still alive, are they going to try and stop it? i will also pray for you and your grandma. sending :hug :hug :hug , please pm me with your addy, and name, thanks hon:manyheart

Tasha, my two squares are on their way. Please keep us updated and let us know if you need anymore.

I'd love to see a pic of your Grandma with the finished afghan. Good thoughts going out for you and your Grandma.

Twinnish

Archived