crochetfun

Favourite item to crochet?

afghans...... love em!! I am also venturing slowly now into wearables (working on a sweater for DH that has me crazy) so I am enjoying that too.

Cece

I love to crochet any with cows.. I've desing a few cow items my self. Then I love to crochet FRIDGIES, and I love to crochet toys and baby items, and slippers and bears..

Which by the ways I have two bears to test.. Yikes...

I better get moving,.

The only thing I haven't made is clothing. I tend to love whatever I am making at the time. Love doilies, fridgies, ornaments, baby things and booties, afghans. Well, everything I guess:blush

Dishcloths--both crochet and knit! They're easy, instant gratification, plus I actually use mine. I also love the feel of cotton yarn. I'm enjoying caps too and am making some for Christmas gifts.

Ok, this week I love purses and bags! Last year I was a total scarfaholic. But I always have an Afghan WIP, I love making beautiful Afghans!

What is your favourite item to crochet?

My favorites are Granny squares. I just love making them in different olors and different patterns. And luckily thee are tons of patterns out there for granny squares. I also like to make afghans. :-) One of my favorite types is the Ripple.

I like granny squares too! I usually take my scrap yarn & just keep adding to my granny squares to make a quick afghan. My granddaughters & daughter in law love them. I have only made one ripple afghan & just found a new pattern. I'm anxious to try but I am self taught & can't always follow the pattern directions. I also like mile a minute patterns. I am working on one now, dil's bd coming up. Lavenia

Small stuff - dishclothes, scarves, bookworms, hats, ponchos... I have made one afghan, but it took too long!

hats, scarfs made lengthwise, and granny squares b/c they're so quick to make.

Granny Squares! granny square bags, vests, ponchos, aphgans, bookmarks... you can make ANYTHING from a granny square!

Doilies and rag dolls! I made my Mom a sort of crocheted rag doll for Christmas last year and on opening it, she cried. I'm thinking, it can't be that bad, can it? She cried cuz it was the first doll she's ever had and she just loved it to pieces! I had no idea!

Brae

Hats (easy) and sweaters (hard). I get the most gratification out of hats--easy to be creative with, experiment with colors and stitch patterns. I tear my hair out making sweaters, but feel more accomplished as a crafter.

My favorite things to crochet are for babies. Baby Layettes, socks, and booties. Potholders and towel toppers

Carol:hook

I think my favorite items are doilies, thread crochet. People think it takes so much time to make them and are amazed at how detailed they are.

Hope

Shelbyville, KY

Lap-size afghans. I make them throughout the year and give a pile of 'em away to a needy organization in November or December. The average lap afghan takes about 7 days to complete - which doesn't mean I make 52 a year, however! Other projects and rest periods are in between!

The harder the pattern the better, I love the challenge! Although, I am very addicted to making tiny crocheted critters! My favorite!