Favourite item to crochet?

beanie style hats.

Basically its anything that involves crocheting into spaces an not chains or stitches. Goes SO much faster.

ETA : My friends like me crocheting stuffed duckies. The pattern is free from Bernat. They are so fast and easy that I can never make just ONE.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love making granny squares. Usually all of the baby afghans that I make for charity are just huge granny squares. They're just so simple, and I can make them now without looking at my work, which means I can work on them at movie theatres and such. They're great!

• 2 weeks later...

I love making cotton dishcloths. Then I like caps and scarves, both knit and crochet, because they're quick. I'm going to venture into purses next, I think. My 6-yr-old niece would probably enjoy a pink one for Christmas.

I agree with Blueat40 about mile a minutes. The only one I finally finished was a crooked mess. They seem to give me brain crams, so I avoid them now!

I like making stuffed dolls....country looking ones especially. Everytime I get started on a blanket...I seem to get a tad bored and put it aside then go back to my dolls!

Cinlee

• 1 month later...

I do mostly preemie blessing/burial layettes in thread (some are even Knit in thread...gasp!)....they are portable, quick, and my way of giving back for the blessings I have in my life...they are sent to various NICU's to have on hand...usually I'll crochet (or knit) a blankie in sport or baby yarn to go with.

I favorite item to crochet is Penguins.... no, no that is wrong. That is my hubby's favorite item that I crochet! :lol My favorite item to crochet is purses... especially cutsey purses.

Oh, geesh. This is so pathetic, but the basic sc or dc baby blanket is my favorite. There is nothing easier, but gets such a positive reaction from the recipient. That's the best thing of all. Second choice would be blankets, third bedspreads. Hmmm, can you see a pattern here. I'm not good at much else beyond the rectangle. :(

I love making scarves, boas and shawls...but living in Texas people don't have much use for scarves around here. So ponchos are also at the top of my list as they are more popular here and still quick to make!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived