UlrikeR

School cone with unicorn

Hello everyone,

our daughter has her first day of school coming up and here in Germany kids get a school cone with sweets and little toys. Most people buy or make one out of cardboard but my daughter wanted me to crochet one (tells you how used she is to me making "everything" that way *g*).

Her wishes were: pink, unicorn, fairy, glitter (and that coming from a girl who spends most of her days pretending to be a dragon or a viking...)

The cone is my own design except for the blossoms. I made those following the incredible youtube tutorials by sheruknittingcom. I hope you enjoy :-)

post-42826-0-19108900-1408435178_thumb.jpg

post-42826-0-53944000-1408435836_thumb.jpg

post-42826-0-05842200-1408435925_thumb.jpg

Edited by UlrikeR
  • Like 4

That is just the coolest thing I have seen.  How tall is it?  I love that tradition.  Good luck on her first day.  Our kids started back yesterday.

Hi, glad you like it :-) It´s a little less than 30 inches high (plus the little crochet top) - this is the most usual size. Inside I have a standard cardboard cone that we´ll replace with a pillow later.

Fabulous work! I love that tradition of yours. I can't believe that unicorn has no pattern. Lovely work.

What a neat idea and great job you did! I bet she is proud and the envy of all the others. Awesome job.. a keepsake for her to treasure for sure. 

It's beautiful.

that is incredible.  It definitely belongs in the "Why I Love Crochet -WILC" category :manyheart

You should post this in THIS thread.  It utterly proves her point. :wlol

:manyheart  Wow, this is so great. it's the best "Schultüte" I have ever seen. I wish my daughter  would have had one that amazing.

All are fantastic

Edited by sarisue

I know this is an older thread, but I couldn't not comment on that amazing cone! That is awesome!!!!