Amigurumi pattern help

HookedNChicago

Question

Hello! I need assistance with an amigurumi pattern. I made the body and now I'm somehow supposed to turn & go back over my work to create a dress over the body. I can't figure out how to do it. Here are the instructions:

Change color yarn. Round 22: work single crochet in each stitch around, 24 stitches. Without cutting the thread turn the work and operate in continuous rounds for the dress.

(I changed the thread color successfully and did my 24 sc in round 22 as instructrd, this is where I'm stuck):

Rnd 1: chain 1, single crochet in each stitch around, 24 stitches.

Round 2: *single crochet in each of the next 5 stitches, increase one* ......

So, I can't figure out which direction I'm supposed to be working to go back down my work towards the beginning, to create a dress over the body. Also, I'm left handed.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

I think you would turn to go back around in the opposite direction from the way you came starting in the last sc you did .  Please say where the pattern is.

I think it might matter which direction you go as if you you have worked the body from the bottom up and you turn and go around toward the feet, you will have the right side out but if you keep going around toward the head and flip you will have the wrong side out.

Would like to know how the head is attached is it after you finished the dress?

Does it say anything about working the first row in the back loops as that might make it easier to get the dress to go down?

Thanks for the help, everyone! I was able to continue by working on the dress as if I was working toward the doll's not-yet-attached head and will flip the dress over when it's done. The dress will be wrong side out, but will look fine. As far as head attachment instructions, it just says "Sew the head on the body".

I'm working from a pattern I purchased on Etsy to make a Peppa Pig doll for my toddler: https://www.etsy.com/listing/167212828/peppa-pig-doll-and-princess-crochet?ref=sr_gallery_3&ga_search_query=peppa+pig+pattern&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Archived