How to adjust this pattern to make it smaller?

lilkimxo

Question

http://poshpoochdesignsdogclothes.blogspot.com/2014/04/small-dog-shrug-crochet-pattern.html?crlt.pid=camp.UbLGZ44dOKP1

REALLY wishing math was a better subject of mine. lol So i note it says the gauge is 3 ch = 1 inch.

Does this mean that I would make my starting row 45 if my dog measures 16 inches elbow to elbow?

(if so easy peasy)

But in the rest of the rows, what is it i would remove?

Hoping I'm not asking to much of you ladies. Google searching and or in here has left me frustrated. =o) I'm considering just following this pattern and then just rolling her sleeves up.. lol  Thanks

15 answers to this question

...and she's back! lol and sigh. Argh that this seems so easy but am on my 3rd row and I believe it shouldn't look the way it does. Its very ruffly. Here is the part I am on. 1 sc in the next 6 sc, *ch3, skip the next st,  sl st in next st,.  On my third row I did the 6 sc, then I chain 3, now for skipping the next st I assume I'm going to single crochet into the middle of the chain of 3 on row 2 (into the back loop) then chain 3, and then sc into the back loop of the st that is like holding it all together. Am I wrong? Its just very puffy and when I try to count how many ch3's i have it's over 38. This pattern says there will be 22. oh my. lol 

If you can help, thank you ;o)

...and she's back! lol and sigh. Argh that this seems so easy but am on my 3rd row and I believe it shouldn't look the way it does. Its very ruffly. Here is the part I am on. 1 sc in the next 6 sc, *ch3, skip the next st,  sl st in next st,.  On my third row I did the 6 sc, then I chain 3, now for skipping the next st I assume I'm going to single crochet into the middle of the chain of 3 on row 2 (into the back loop) then chain 3, and then sc into the back loop of the st that is like holding it all together. Am I wrong? Its just very puffy and when I try to count how many ch3's i have it's over 38. This pattern says there will be 22. oh my. lol 

If you can help, thank you ;o)

I think there's something missing in the pattern. For the next row after the 2nd one it looks like you sc in the 6 sc then ch 3 sc in the loop , ch 3 sc in next loop  across then ch 3 sc in last 6 dc. Then repeat that row and it looks like the same size across for all the rows.

ok and by loop, you mean loop space right?

ex:  

3rd row: o's are sc and ='s are ch3

6sc's  ch3, then under that set of 3 equal's signs which is the loop space,  sc, then ch3 again but move to the 2nd sc and sl, ch3..and so on?

3rd  oooooo

2nd oooooo===o===o===o===o...

1st  oooooooooooooooooooooo..

hope this makes sense *crossing fingers. lol cuz it does to me (the chart I made) hugs

Not sure I understabd your idea. You do the sc's then ch 3 and sc in the ch 3 space from the last row, then ch 3 and sc in the next space across skipping the sc's in between the chains.

oh wonderful. ty

The best I could come up with, also I notice i was using sc but the pattern uses sl stitch so I changed that.

Do the first 2 rows as stated then for the third you will sc in the back loops of the 6 sc, chain 3 and sl st around the next chain 3, then chain 3 and sl st around the chain, across untill you sl st in the last chain, then sc in the back loops of the 6 sc, then ch 1 turn and repeat that row

post-10430-0-42387500-1408026231_thumb.jpgpost-10430-0-01401700-1408054541_thumb.jpg

post-10430-0-17032800-1408026274_thumb.jpgpost-10430-0-83277000-1408026331_thumb.jpg

thank you very much for taking images. before i even attempt anything, do i see only 3 sc on each side? or is that in fact 6  ??  like for this example you just did 3 instead of all 6? if not i am going to need to go back to "Learn how to crochet 101" lol

thank you very much for taking images. before i even attempt anything, do i see only 3 sc on each side? or is that in fact 6  ??  like for this example you just did 3 instead of all 6? if not i am going to need to go back to "Learn how to crochet 101" lol

Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't say I just did a small swatch without the pattern numbers just used a few to show how it's done..  You will follow the pattern with the numbers they give.

post-59450-0-70584000-1408119584_thumb.jpg I figured the best THANK YOU would be a picture of the happy doggy this was for. ;o)  She has a chicken peck on her shoulder that our other dog keeps licking at so I figured this would stop that, and make her look FABULOUS!  all thanks to your help.  big hugs!!

Archived