pleasing way to use up some scraps and small balls of yarn

katyallen815

These are delightfully fun to make, you can use a lot of colors, or two or three, very fun to do, they work up quickly, and before you know it, you are finished! and plus  they are soooo useful in the colder weather too!! best of all, there are no ends to weave in, as you incorporate the longer ends you leave, into the fringe!! Yay!

I have made four so far, the mostly blue one, is for a younger person, school age child, Im guessing, the two multi colored ones, are for adults, (women, Im sure, men don't do fringe, ha ha) and the grey and charcoal one is , yep, you guess it, MINE, lol  

Thanks for looking, I will be making more over the weeks before donation to shelter time rolls around, Hope you like them too!!

post-40621-0-00251700-1407093690_thumb.jpg

post-40621-0-84967100-1407093706_thumb.jpg

post-40621-0-58025400-1407093718_thumb.jpg

I didn't use a "pattern" actually, I made these last year, but from the side to side width wise, and they turned out well, so thought this time, Ill do length wise, and it worked out well too... I think I have seen something similar on ravelry, although I didn't read the pattern, but the pic looked similar, Sorry, I don't remember, but Im thinking ravelry, try there.

In answer to another question, like I said, I just chained a long chain, first two sc, then chained however many, some i did four chs, skipped four and sc in the fifth across, one I did a chain four, skip three, sc in the fourth, and made sure at the other end, the last two stitches were sc's, worked out well, and faster I believe than the width wise scarves I did before, but either one, a cute look I think! Thanks!!

Oh, found a link on you tube for one, by our own bobwilson123

looks like mine! I ddin't think to do the fringe her way though, lol......good luck!

Katy, what is your average length/width you use?  I started on just shy of 60" (minus the fringe but after I got going a bit, seems it might be short? :(  Next one I'm thinking going longer but how long does everyone do an average scarf? 

I think I read that you want it as long as the person is tall...so for a 6' guy you would want to make is 6' long.  So 60" for me would be a bit short as I am 5'6".  It would be ok for an older teen or tall kid

Thanks Mary. I'm about 5'2" or 5'3" and the 60 was a bit shorter than what I'd want too. It will work for a kid though. ;) 

mine were made an assortment of sizes, I had the shelter in mind, all sizes and colors thing, so, probably the childs one is almost 60,, and the other two give or take 5 or 10 more inches, I guess....... hope the turn out pretty, would love to see a picture when you finish them sopo!

Got some scarves finished up. Thanks again Katy for a great idea! The orange one was for my daughter and I just got the fringe done and she was whisking it off. lol It matches a hat I made her last Christmas. 

They are fun to work up and quick. :) 

post-44513-0-22416000-1407887497_thumb.jpg

post-44513-0-11962500-1407887509_thumb.jpg

Archived