I was close to give up on this doily pattern

Yesterday I decided to work on this doily pattern. When I was half way through the pattern I thought that this amount of stitches will never come out right. I stopped working on it and I considered to undo it later on. I started again on the same pattern by using only half of the stitches and I finished it last night. When crocheting the last row on the new one I had some doughts about how it will work out after pinning. I decided today to finished the original pattern and surprise, surprise it turned out nice! Here are both doilies:

post-71583-0-77279800-1406999566_thumb.jpgpost-71583-0-91785000-1406999637_thumb.jpg

Aren't you glad you finished it out? I think it's beautiful. I am in awe of how quickly you complete them. Amazing!

Very beautiful.  I like the one in the second picture better  It looks like crowns in between the pineapples.

Thank you. I was really amazed how it turned out. I pinned both in a dry condition and sprayed starch on them and I used the hairdryer to have them dry quick!

Greetings from Vienna. Veronika

I hate patterns that feel awkward when you are making them as if they will not turn out.  That is why I could never design patterns.  I would never be able to figure out how to get the correct amount of stitches for it to come out right.

I love the second one the most.   

Archived