My Green with Envy shawl pattern

darski

I want to make more of this shawl pattern so I made notes and some people asked for the pattern. I used about 8 oz for the green one.

post-4896-0-80983300-1406573435_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-57080700-1406573437_thumb.jpg

post-4896-0-18644000-1406573439_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-07490300-1406573441_thumb.jpg

The Corrected PDF is here:green w nv.pdf

Let me know if you have problems with the pattern.  it does tend to bunch at the beginning rows but settles down eventually. :wlol

ETA: there is a miscount on row 10.   There are 22 V-st and one Triple V-st and not 24 V-st and one Triple V-st. the problem is in the stated count and not in working the row.

Woo hoo!  The pattern is here!!!  Thank you SO much for sharing with us....can't wait to make one!

:wlol  youse is a sweetie.  It does go rather quickly.  A couple days of crochet and it could be done.

I should be finished with the comfortghan by tomorrow night and then I can make this shawl! How much yarn do you think I'll need?

I should be finished with the comfortghan by tomorrow night and then I can make this shawl! How much yarn do you think I'll need?

I weighed the green one and it weighed about 8 oz.  The blue would be more as it is bigger.

I should add the weight in the OP as I forgot it in the PDF.

Ok started this and for row 10 I only have 22 v-stitches plus the 1 triple v so then row 11 is off count.  Is it me or the pattern?  I have the exact number I am supposed to in row 9.    Mary

Did you put the V-sts in the very first and very last ch1 spaces?

At the beginning and end you have either 2dc/ch1 or ch1/2dc.  Those ch1 spaces are included in the count.  it is your increase row.

Yes I have v-sts in the first and last ch1 spaces.  That gives me 11 v-sts then the triple v then 11 v-sts so 22 not 24.   My friend that posts here alerted me to this pattern knowing I would like it I so I  asked her to take a look and she worked it up on paper and got the same so we are stumped what we are doing wrong.  Mary

I would say that you should just go with it.  It won't affect the overall work. 

Tomorrow I will go over it again to see what has happened.  My tester did not have this problem so I will need to try it to see what happens.

I know what happened.  I originally said that there were 25 V-st on that row.  That included the 3 in the "Triple V-st" so there were 22 individual sts and then the 3 together.  My tester noted that there were individual sts and that the 3 together should be counted separately.  Neither of us checked how that affected the count.  I will put a note in the OP and change the PDF.  Thank you for finding this.

Hi, Darski!

I finished the shawl. I used almost 1 1/2 sk of RH blue suede for it. I didn't do the last round of the edging because I liked the fan look of the first round and knew I wasn't going to make the picot stitches of the second round. It's a nice size for an average sized person, but would have to be bigger if I was going to make it for any of my more voluptuous friends....lol!

I'll be sending you a PM....thanks for the opportunity to test the pattern!

post-8552-0-30268800-1407362331_thumb.jpg

Hi, Darski!

I finished the shawl. I used almost 1 1/2 sk of RH blue suede for it. I didn't do the last round of the edging because I liked the fan look of the first round and knew I wasn't going to make the picot stitches of the second round. It's a nice size for an average sized person, but would have to be bigger if I was going to make it for any of my more voluptuous friends....lol!

I'll be sending you a PM....thanks for the opportunity to test the pattern!

That is gorgeous.  Thank you. 

I did suggest that you could do the last round without the picot sts as I know many people don't like them.

That is gorgeous.  Thank you.

THANKS!

I did suggest that you could do the last round without the picot sts as I know many people don't like them.

I saw that, but i really liked ending with the fan look of the first row. It just felt "solid", if you know what I mean. It's now in my to be donated pile....or will be something to give to a friend who might need a "hug" one day. There's always a reason why I seem to be led to work on a project, so I'm ready.

Next project, besides finishing the last batch of rows on the Fairies blanket, is to make some toddler hats so my neighbor, a NICU nurse who is always on the receiving end of my baby blankets, can have some choices to pick from for her 2 1/2 yo DD for the winter.

Archived