Craft Spaces/ Storage Ideas

Lion Brand has a folder (board) on Pinterest with some of the neatest ideas on Craft/Storage spaces, a lot of yarn ideas. There are a couple that I intend to use right away; the spice jar carousel and the clothespin bobbins.  Take a peak if you're interested.

I love the clothespin bobbins.  Did you see the manikin filled with balls of yarn, or the tall jars filled with yarn?

This is what I use for my beads and small stuff.  Tower .

I found them to be a great size and they fit one on top of the other.

They have some cool ideas for storage.

For a long time I have used this old cookie jar I used to put the grandkids cookies in. It's good for cotton I'm currently using instead of hunting through the big plastic bin all the time. Approximately 12" tall to the rim and about 10" wide. :tup 

Tampa Doll: Love your Bead Caddy! I too bead and have the metal tins with glass tops that store in a metal box. It's not as convenient as yours but, doesn't take up too much space. I use a plastic kitchen utensil-lazy susan for my acrylic brushes and I'm thinking if I can find another one I could use it for crochet hooks.

katyallen: You're funny! We never have enough space for storage no matter the size of the room or home! LOL Glad you enjoyed the link.

post-17452-0-85711500-1405964065_thumb.jpg

Here's another link I came across this morning from Yarnspiations Facebook page for Tips/Tricks with yarn, hooks, bows, pom-poms, etc.

Love the tips for a fork as a tool, teapot yarn holder and bowl with clip.

• 1 month later...

I see only one problem with display of yarns open to sun light, it will fade in time. A relative had a large sewing/craft room with

many windows. She had her yarn sorted by color and set in wall shelves. The exposed parts of her skeins faded

over time.

I have not had this problem in the past. It's a good tip and I always appreciate good tips. ;)

I see only one problem with display of yarns open to sun light, it will fade in time. A relative had a large sewing/craft room with

many windows. She had her yarn sorted by color and set in wall shelves. The exposed parts of her skeins faded

over time.

I pick up a big jar of cheese balls. now I use it for little balls of yarn. I even took a medium storage square container like a file box and drilled hole to draw your yarn threw. just need to figure out how to make  something to divide my yarn. any ideas? thanks, nana

Here's another link I came across this morning from Yarnspiations Facebook page for Tips/Tricks with yarn, hooks, bows, pom-poms, etc.

Love the tips for a fork as a tool, teapot yarn holder and bowl with clip.

Oh my these are awesome!!

Any store that carries liquor and/or wine  bottles recycle in their paper bins or throw away the cardboard dividers that are inside the boxes to protect the glass from breakage. You could cut and modify one to fit inside your jar for about 3 skeins. Or, maybe even make your own from a cardboard box or liter soda bottles cut and tied to fit inside or purchased plastic sheets from a craft store. Hope this is helpful and let everyone know what you come up with.

post-17452-0-85402800-1410114336_thumb.jpg

Archived