Do you have a "crochet chair"?

I have a glider rocker in the corner of the living room where I usually sit and crochet. I have a little table on my left that holds my laptop computer (I usually either have a crochet pattern pulled up on it or something like Netflix or Hulu if I'm working on a pattern that I have already memorized). On my right, I have a plastic 3-drawer container filled with extra yarn. 

The thing is, my glider rocker has seen better days and I'm thinking about replacing it with a more comfy chair.  If you have a "crochet chair", what kind is it?

Hope you're having a great day!

Samantha

I'll be interested to see the responses to this, too. I've already decided that a new chair is what I want for Christmas. None of our chairs or couches fit me--I'll on the short side. I guess I need to start hitting the furniture stores with my crochet bag to sit and try out different chairs.

No, I don't have a crochet chair.  I have two.  A glider rocker in the living room, and a rocker in my bedroom.  ;)  You can call me spoiled, it's okay.  Hahaha!

I'm spoiled too - a recliner in both the living room and bedroom. I need to sit with my feet up and they are perfect.

I'm short too and had one of the big "standard" recliners, and it was too large. Now I have two smaller ones. Definitely try them out. Also, if you get a recliner, it would be better if it didn't have the open gap between the foot rest and seat. My large one was like that, and I was forever dropping the ball of yarn through it, which was always followed by bad words. Having fabric that covers that gap definitely improved my temper - LOL.

No, I just plop down wherever it is comfortable and crochet away. Sometimes I am outside on the patio, other times on the couch in the woman cave (my third bedroom converted to my own woman cave, why not, men have their man caves) or on the twin bed in the middle bedroom (only two rooms with tvs are my woman cave and middle bedroom, none in master bedroom) or very rarely on the living room couch but that doesn't have a tv either. 

Roe

I have a very comfortable wing back chair, Surrounded by a blue spectrum floor lamp, and a large yarn stand which holds tons of

things including a dozen skeins of yarn,many pockets for patterns,hooks,markers,and so on. I also have my bose wave cd player.

I can spend hours peacefully working on charity projects.

I have a crochet chair. I have back problems and recliners are bad on my back. I'm also short and I swear my legs are proportionally too short for my height. When I went to the furniture store, they sold me what they called a "ladies chair". The seat is not very deep so I can sit in it and my feet reach the floor perfectly and it doesnt hurt my back. It also has arms on it so I can rest my elbows on them while I crochet. It is kind of an ugly, old lady looking chair, but it fits my needs perfectly!

Whenever I'm at home, I have an old recliner rocker that has seen better days, but still serves its owner well.  At the Senior Center, where I teach a crochet class, I either sit in a replica of a cafe chair, in what is called the "Coca Cola Kitchen", a temporary placement for our class, while some remodeling is being done, or a straight dining room chair.  When we meet for our Prayer Shawl crochet sessions, we usually have very nice and comfortable wooden chairs, with cushy seats and backs.  Of course, there's my passenger seat in our van, where I'm quite comfortable on trips both long and short!  And then...there's the doctors office...waiting rooms at any businesses, where I have to wait to see someone...well----I guess it all comes down to this---anywhere I can sit down and crochet is my "crochet chair"!   :yes  ;) 

My favorite is an old wooden rocking chair, and across the hall from me, my friend has a wooden rocker for me to use also. I love them both.

Oh- love the sounds of some of those chairs! For years I've enjoyed what is called a "chair and a half". A large overstuffed leather chair about 1/3 wider than a traditional style stuffed chair and has a matching ottoman just as wide. We've been talking about replacing the set in the living room that it matches, but I don't think I'd be able to part with these 2 pieces. Right now I have a finished afghan to be blocked and 2 afghan projects sitting on the ottoman and still enough room to put my feet up. It's so cushy and I've found I easily fall asleep while crocheting, then to wake up and pick right up where I left off without loosing a stitch. Love those crochet power naps!

Oh- love the sounds of some of those chairs! For years I've enjoyed what is called a "chair and a half". A large overstuffed leather chair about 1/3 wider than a traditional style stuffed chair and has a matching ottoman just as wide. We've been talking about replacing the set in the living room that it matches, but I don't think I'd be able to part with these 2 pieces. Right now I have a finished afghan to be blocked and 2 afghan projects sitting on the ottoman and still enough room to put my feet up. It's so cushy and I've found I easily fall asleep while crocheting, then to wake up and pick right up where I left off without loosing a stitch. Love those crochet power naps!

Sounds like a great chair. I've fallen asleep over TV, books and crossword puzzles, but never crocheting.

I usually sit on the left side of our rocker/ recliner love seat. I have an end table on my left side as well and a basket of extra yarn at my feet. I tend to get irritated when someone sits on my right side though because I can't spread out like I like (I'm a lefty).

My husband and I recently turned our upstairs gallery into a Hobby room for both of us. Me crocheting and sewing and he reloads ammo and gunsmithing and I think I need a chair for up there.

I forgot to say when I answered earlier, that my wooden rocking chair is nearly the same as one my mother bought when my youngest sister was born. I was 9 years old at the time, and the chair was hard rock maple. Now I am 63, and the one I have is the same style, but is a little heavier and is oak. I love it!

Who knows- Maybe I'm crocheting in my sleep and don't even now it. One time when I awakened from one of these regenerating power naps, the hubster asked if I was crocheting in my sleep because my fingers kept moving! :lol

Sounds like a great chair. I've fallen asleep over TV, books and crossword puzzles, but never crocheting.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived